Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday 1.8: Deadlift + handstand (video)

Wednesday. Strength: deadlift 5 x 5. Max 130kg. Metcon: 7 min AMRAP. 5 deadlift (80kg) + 5 pull-ups + 15 push-ups. Total 6 rounds, 5 deadlifts + 3 pull-ups.

Workout consisted of two parts as usual. The first one concentrating in strength. I made a personal record in deadlift with 130kg, nice! It was heavy but I had the feeling I could have taken it one notch up, maybe 135 or 140kg. Preparation was good, warm-up was comprehensive and my whole body was awake when I started to put kilos on the bar. My legs were aching from previous days' training but I got them going quite nicely in the warm-up.

Metcon included deadlift, pull-ups and push-ups. I'm not quite sure if I did 6 or 7 full rounds, let's make it 6. In addition I hurried some extra moves in daedlift and pull-ups. Total amount in this 7 minute amrap workout was 35 deadlifts with 80kg, 33 pull-ups and 90 push-ups. I've put a lot of effort in accomplishing the moves perfectly. Special effort on the push-ups, chest must touch the ground. I should also start doing the pull-ups in a chest-to-bar-mode instead of chin-to-bar. I did push it through unbroken except the push-ups. First 30-50 were easy, then the problems begun. Deadlifts and pull-ups were pretty light but push-ups after midway seemed heavier than they normally are. This was a surprise but obviously the combination of all these three movements was too much for my upper body.

After I got myself together I did some abs. Tabata ab wheel for those classic 8 rounds, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. After about two hours I went to the close-by park near my home and practiced some handstand with my girlfriend. I love this workout! As you can see, I'm not mastering it but hey, this is a proper start anyway =)




5 comments:

  1. Eiks oo kivaa kun oma kuvaaja vaan nauraa suoritukselle :D hyvin vedit oikeesti :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, joo kiitti kannustuksesta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Onnittelut maastanostoennätyksestä!

    Ei nuo käsiseisontayrityksetkään olleet kaukana onnisutmisesta :) Hiukan lisää harjoittelua, niin se on siinä!

    Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...painovirhepaholainen pääsi tekstiin....siis piti olla - onnistumisesta - eikä onnisutmisesta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joo, kiitti Kartsa! Ei toi käsilläseisonta tartte mitään muuta kuin lisää rohkeutta kehiin. Jotenkin sitä ei uskalla alkuun heittää noita kinttuja niin pitkälle tuolta takakautta, joten sen takia jää vajaaksi. Toistoja vain lisää!

    Tossa kun reenailtiin menemään rannassa aukeella nurtsilla, niin siinä oli täydelliset puitteet. Olis tehnyt mieli koko ilta reenailla tuota käsilläseisontaa :)

    ReplyDelete