Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday 3.8: Fran + back squats (video)

Friday. Fran: 21-15-9 thrusters and pull-ups. Rest 5 min. 5 x 5 back squats. Fran time 5.31. Back squat RM 120kg.

10.00 am, time for Fran. I was nervous already yesterday due to this upcoming workout. It was kind of a similar feeling as before a floorball game. This is one of the things I love in crossfit, everyday is a competition, a race against the clock and a fight against your own mentality! It's a different world compared to jogging or lifting weights in a traditional way. I love it!

Warm-up 20 minutes, body waiting for the workout, anxious to start bouncing thrusters and doing pull-ups. Last time I did Fran in 5.48min, June 25th. I think my squats did not go as down as they did today. My thrusters were unbroken that time but pull-ups felt heavier. In June, I had to do thrusters with 40kg because I didn't have proper equipment. Today thrusters were 42.5kg and I put effort on squatting in 90 degrees angle. A few push presses were not perfect, I admit. I was surprised that I struggled with push presses after about 20 of them. It just felt heavy and thus I had to do a few cleans that I wasn't thinking beforehand. I still managed to improve my time, so I'm very satisfied with today's Fran overall! New PR is 5.31. Tony taped the performance so I'll post it afterwards.




My friend Toni also did Fran in a modified style. For a guy who has just started crossfitting (and immediately fell in love with it) doing 30kg thrusters and jumping pull-ups 21-15-9 is something you can look up to. This guy has a good attitude and he leaves his heart in the battlefield after workouts. I really appreciate his effort! He's done three wod:s in 26 hours: Tabata + Baseline + Fran =)

After a few minutes rest, I collected some weights on the barbell and begun doing back squats 5 x 5. Max rep was 120kg. I'm learning the technic everytime I do it. If I keep my legs too wide, I can't go down enough. If I keep my legs closer to each other, I can drop lower but my back curves a bit even though it should be kept strict.



Second training
I felt so good after work that I decided to go the gym again :) My agenda said front squats 5 x 3/5 and interval rowing. Max reps (3) for front squats were 70 kilos. I concentrated in lowering my butt enough and I made it to 90 degrees. Front squats felt very good actually. I rested some 5 minutes and decided to row three times 1.000 meters with 2 minute rest in between. Total time 14.42. Pretty fast pace but I was totally out of the game when I finished. It felt like my chest is going to burst into flames. I consider rowing very efficient way of increasing stamina and I'm definitely going to continue rowing on a regular basis. I finalized the day with ab-wheel and toes-to-bar workout, 30 each, alternately: 10-8-6-4-2. I'm pretty much done for today, only stretching awaits me in the evening because the body and muscles must taken care of :)

Rowing
First round 3.39 (1.49 / 500m)
Second round 9.10 (1.45 / 500m)
Third round 14.42 (1.46 / 500m)


1 comment:

  1. Well done! Remember to use some time for recovering ;)BR, Kari

    ReplyDelete