Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday 20.8: Push press + wod

Monday. Push press 5x5, max 55kg. Wod: 3min amrap on push press, 85 reps.


Strength training. Push press 5 x 5. Sets of 5-reps: 50+50+55+55+50kg. Today I concentrated purely on my shoulders and gave them all the pressure they deserved. Push press was the name of the day. For me, the sets of five repetitions was the best I could imagine. There were quite a number of reps and the kilos were high for me. I haven't tested my 1-rep max for push press but 5-rep max is 60kg, which I lifted about a week ago.



Wod. Push press (30kg), 3min amrap. 30+25+30 = 85 reps.
1 minute amrap
1 minute rest
1 minute amrap
1 minute rest
1 minute amrap

Today I gave my heart a "rest day" from training and concentrated on muscles. The wod had three rounds, each exactly one minute in length, 1 minute rest period in between. I had 30kg on the bar and the idea was to have as many reps as possible (amrap) in each work minute. I had 30 reps on first round, 25 on the second and again 30 on the last round. Total of 85 reps. As you can probably imagine, my shoulders were on fire afterwards (and during the wod). On the second round my shoulders started to get tired, which caused me to slow the pace a little bit. On the third round I dug some self pride from the pocket and decided to hit the same numbers as in the first round. I'm happy that I was able to do it. I really feel I have done something with my shoulders today. My first idea was to do this with 2 min amrap rounds but the reality hit me just before I begun. This was a good starting point and in the future there might be longer rounds or more kilos.



After some resting I decided to take the same exercise as I have now taken two times already: 4 rounds of 5 pull-ups and 5 dips. Total of 20 each. I really like this at the end. There's no hurry to do it, just complete it and make the reps clean, don't cheat yourself, concentrate on making the reps perfectly. Tomorrow I'm gonna concentrate on my legs, see ya!



No comments:

Post a Comment