Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday: 5.8: Deadlift + wod (video)

Sunday. Strength: deadlift 5 x 5. Max rep 135kg (3 reps) PR.
Wod: 5 x deadlift (90kg) + 10 burpee + 20 KB (20kg) + 5 HSPU. 3 rounds. Time 5.50.

I went to the gym with my girlfriend to do some crossfit. I had planned to do push press as strength exercise but my shoulders were not as receptive as they should be for that workout. My girlfriend did thrusters and burpees, among others.



Rowing, bycicle, air squats, pull-ups, push-ups, stretching etc. for warm-up. Body was actually very eager to get it going so I started the deadlift. After some lighter weights the final 5-rep rounds were 100 + 110 + 120 + 130 + 135kg (3 reps). 135kg was my personal record, second time this week. Felt good!



Wod:
5 deadlift (90 kg)
10 burpees
20 kettlebell swings (20 kg)
5 handstand push-ups.
Three rounds. Time 5.50.

First time I integrated HSPU into metcon training. I couldn't let myself too down because I'm not too familiar with the move. Overall, this wod was quite nice and I'm happy with my time. A lot of deadlift for one day, probably I'll see the difference in my lower back tomorrow. There wasn't that many burpees, maybe should've increased the number of them slightly, to 15 or 20. That would've changed the entire nature of the workout because of intense respiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment