Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday: Rest day (active recovery: tabata)

Sunday. Giving my body and neck another day to recover. I was eager to do workouts today as usual but its been a while since I rested so I decided to take it easy and take my dog for a swim instead.


Some workouts that I haven't yet tried out but which I'm looking forward to:

  • Grace
  • Eva
  • Murph
  • 21-15-9, burpees and pull-ups
  • Push press, 2 min amrap, 2 min rest, 3 rounds
  • 40-30-20-10, KB, wall ball and box jumps
  • "Death by" - wods

Tomorrow I'll get back to crossfit training in the morning. Stay tuned!

Update. I couldn't stay away from training, I had to take some active recovery so to say... Tabata this:

  • Squats (144)
  • Ab wheel (64)
  • Hollow hold
  • Push-ups (69)
  • 1 min rest between sets


I did 18 squats in each round, it wasn't that bad, maybe could have upgraded it to 19 or 20 per round, then it would have really burnt my thighs. Also ab wheels were a steady performance with 8 reps each round. Hollow hold after ab wheel got to my core abs nicely, I like those steady moves that you can feel burning and developing those core muscles such as plank position etc.

Hollow hold

Fatigue hit me in push-ups totally after two rounds. My triceps were killing me. First round 18 reps, second round 16 reps, third round 10, the remaining 5 rounds were 4-6 reps each, pathetic. Tomorrow I'll meet Toni at the gym for strength training and a metcon.

No comments:

Post a Comment