Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday 28.8: Clean + wod

Tuesday. Evening workout. Strength: cleans 5 x 5. Rest 5min. Wod: 12 "amrap" of 3 cleans (40kg) + DUs. Total of 196 DUs.


Strength. Second workout of the day. Main focus on cleans. First strength training with 5-rep sets. Sets were 50 + 50 + 55 + 60 (2 reps) + 60. I'm beginning to get it going, finally! With leighter weights the form stays nice but when I add kilos, it naturally gets tougher. The higher the kilos, the more I have to squat. Power cleans with 55kg are not possible, squat cleans is the only possibility. On that first set of 60kg, I lost belief and third rep didn't come up as I had planned, had to drop the bar. For a while I figured what the hell is going on, dug my self confidence back from somewhere and finalised the strength training with 5 reps on 60kg. Damned it felt good to make a come back! By the way, that's my PR.



Wod. Every minute on the minute for 12 minutes: 3 power cleans (40kg) + as many double-unders as possible in the remaining minute. Score is the number of DUs performed. Result 196 DUs. Below are the number of DUs per each round.

30 + 20 + 17 + 13 + 16 + 13 + 15 + 11 + 14 + 14 + 15 + 18 = 196

Midway to the wod, my heart was racing outrageously, can't even describe the feeling afterwards. For some reason, I still liked this workout a lot! It felt bad but good at the same time. Cleans weren't bad, there were so few of them per round and kilos were not that high. Still, with higher kilos this could have been a nightmare for me. As you can see from the DUs per round, focus began to lose after a while and caused tripping and thus losing time. I can't imagine me doing double-unders without pausing once in a while so it didn't bother that much. I would have needed the short break anyway. This wod felt like I was doing double-unders all the time. Even though I had troubles with DUs I'm still happy to the total amount. Considering that I could barely do one DU a while ago, now I did 36 cleans and almost 200 DUs in 12 minutes. Look at the bright side of it :)

I'm getting back the the gym tomorrow. I convinced the person who is responsible for the equipment at our box to order Rogue Fitness rings, which is fabulous news for all us crossfitters at the gym. Let's see when they come, can't wait to start including ring dips, ring push-ups and muscle up practising to my workouts!


No comments:

Post a Comment