Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday 7.8: Clean + wod (video)

Tuesday. Strength: clean 5 x 5, max 60kg. Wod: 5 clean (40kg) + 10 burpees. 5 rounds. Time 4.45.

Yesterday's team training still makes my body ache, especially my legs have the feeling yesterday wasn't a rest day :) When I walked to the gym with a friend of mine - Toni - we both felt our bodies were not as sharp as they should've been. So we forced them to be anxious, preparing bodies by rowing, running, doing pull-ups, push-ups, squats, abs, overhead squats etc. Suddenly, the feeling was totally different. The same eagerness came back as usually so we started the strength training.



I took 5 rep cleans with 40+40+50+60+60kg weights. I realised my technic isn't as fast as I hoped so after the workout I took cleans with only the bar (20kg) to learn the technic better. I got more explosive than before, so I think I moved further with cleans. I'm very satisfied with today's training!



After doing the cleans, my buddy started his wod and I took it on camera. That was my rest time. He fought through the same wod as Mikko Salo did in his "Sisu"-document as he did three workouts in a day. The workout was 5 deadlifts + 10 burpees, 5 rounds. He did it with a load of kilos but hey, he's a beast! Because this was Toni's first deadlift workout ever, he put 60kg on the bar. Time 7.19, well done dude!

My wod was similar to his: 5 cleans with 40kg + 10 burpees, 5 rounds. Time 4.45. I put effort in the burpees for the chest to hit the ground. My cleans were hang power cleans because I wanted to learn the bar bouncing technic by utilising the thighs and gravity. I have hard time to bounce it if I lift it from all the way from the floor. After watching the video at home I realised my hands are quite tired in the last burpees, I should've put more energy in making them perfectly. Anyway, this was a good wod, I'm going to come back to this one again.


After work, I had my floorball practice with the team again. 30-40 run for the beginning, and then 1h practice. I call it over for this day =)


6 comments:

  1. seuraava treeni? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=j1C8dNtsOnQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Don, is it possible to get rss feed working on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I will definitely make the RSS feed possible, tomorrow as I first have to figure out how it's done =)

    Yep, Toni, quite a basic training, let's try it out, haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now subscribing through RSS or email is possible from the upper right corner of this page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Don!

    Your Hang Power Cleans are looking much better now if compared video you showed to me. If you have weights on bar the movement is "cleaner".

    I did this same exercise today morning. I had to take only 35kg to bar because I'm able to take grip from bar only with three fingers. HPC + 10 burbee X 5 rounds= Total time 4:01.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huh, that time is amazing bro! Especially when a guy is basically doing the wod with one hand :) I'm looking forward to practising more cleans since you showed me how to do it properly!

    ReplyDelete