Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday 15.8: Clean technic + wod (video)


Wednesday. Clean technic + wod. Yesterday I was lost with the clean technic so I sacrificed today's training to learning it properly. I got forward but not entirely happy with the outcome. There are so many parts in perfect clean thatat this point it seems impossible to conduct it the way it should be done. Okay, I know it comes through practice and with the help of professionals. Today I got a lot of assistance from my girlfriend who corrected my mistakes. I'm also going to meet with my brother who really has it and knows how to teach it too. I'm looking forward to learn and practice more on the issue.


My body is in correct position when starting to uplift my body, back straight, legs in right position, hand grip ok. When I come up I can bounce the bar off my upper thighs and heighten my shoulders but the problem is the way my elbows and hands act. I can't get the elbows to stay close to my body, which causes them to swing infront kind of like in a front squat. This leads me using too much energy with my hands instead of utilising the power of gravity and explosiveness. If I don't bounce it off my upper thighs I can get the elbows act correctly but of course the quickness is not the same and thus the explosiveness is limited. I'm not going to add kilos before I learn this move proprely because this move has so longlasting effects in crossfit. I want to master it well before adding weights in the bar.


I was really exhausted in the morning due to yesterday's tough game. That's why I didn't want to have a rough strength exercise in the morning. This time I wasn't fighting against the clock in the wod. I took a modified version of a hero wod called "Nick". Genuine Nick is:

  • 10 dumbbell hang cleans (20kg)
  • 6 handstand push-ups (HSPU)
  • 12 rounds

I modified Nick to 6 rounds and used 15kg dumbbells instead, that is 10 reps of cleans and 6 reps of HSPU. Total of 60 hang cleans and 36 handstand push-ups. The same technic problems obviously occurred with the cleans, no matter they were dumbbells or a bar. Some time ago I promised myself I would start practising HSPUs and this time I found a way to integrate it in a wod. I'm very happy with this workout. They were both powerful exercises and I was worn out when I finally left the gym. I had something close to 100 reps in bar cleans, mostly with 30kg weights and then add those dumbbell cleans and HSPUs. Well, in the evening I still have floorball training with my team. It's a tough week! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment