Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sunday 30.9: Rest day & mobility

Sunday. Today I'm going to pay attention to body recovery. No strength training nor workouts, mainly just doing some mobility work for my upper body and then a lot of stretching for the entire body to get full utilization of the rest day. I've done my share for this week in training, here's a summary of the training workouts from the past week. Three floorball sessions, strength training on four different days to cover all main muscles and some metcons to increase metabolic conditioning and endurance. I feel this week was a good one and there were some rather new movements such as bench press and weighted pull-ups and dips. Toni was training with me on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Today he was doing cleans and push press for strength, added with some Tabata workouts.




Monday. Floorball training and a metcon.
Tuesday. Back squat and a metcon in the morning, rowing and a metcon in the evening.
Wednesday. Deadlift (PR) in the morning, floorball in the evening.
Thursday. Game day, floorball, season opener.
Friday. Push press (PR), shoulder press (PR) and bench press (PR) in the morning, plus a metcon.
Saturday. Row 2k, weighted pull-ups and weighted dips.
Sunday. Mobility, stretching, relaxing.


I finalized my programming for October just yesterday. The main idea is to include both back and front squats once a week. I believe once you're legs are strong, it eases a lot of other movements as well. I will also include one deadlift training on most of the weeks. For my upper body strength I will have clean, push press, shoulder press and thruster training once or twice a week. I will rotate the strength trainings with a proper interval so that there wouldn't be too much burden for one part of the body in too short time. Some additional supportive strength trainings may be included as well.

Another main ingredient is to include hero wods on a regular basis to really test my limits. Naturally on those days I will concentrate purely on that workout because they are longer workouts in their nature. For metabolic conditioning I want to have rowing workouts and metcons included alongside strength trainings. However, don't stress, there will be rest days as well =) Toni will tag along with the workouts so I will be posting his development as well. He has done tremendous work after the summer holidays when he began crossfitting. He is hitting PR results consistently, his endurance has improved and he has enacted new movements. And above all, he is giving his everything in all the workouts, he really has that crossfit attitude never to surrender during a workout.



Here is a Team USA training. Team Europe includes Mikko Aronpää from Finland. These two teams are going to compete against each other on October 13th in London. Take a look how these US beasts practice for the upcoming!


No comments:

Post a Comment