Thursday, September 27, 2012

Thursday 27.9: Gameday + Toni’s wods

Thursday. Floorball season starts today, game will start 18.30. I’m just about to head to the visitor’s stadium. I’m anxious about the game, I'll inform you guys afterwards how it went. Toni instead went to the gym in the morning for two workouts: Tabata something else and row 2.000m for time.

Tabata something else. Total of 307 reps (1 pull-up, 5 push-ups, 8 sit-ups and 12 squats)
  • Pull-ups, 18 in total (4+3+3+3+2+1+1+1)
  • Push-ups, 89 in total (20+15+10+5+10+7+8+5)
  • Sit-ups, 75 in total (12+9+9+9+10+8+9+9)
  • Squats, 125 in total (20+20+17+15+12+13+13+15)

Lips over the bar

Toni will comment his feelings in the comment section later on. The pull-ups were completed with a rubber band assistance. I’m very happy you took pull-ups as part of your workouts and you’re not avoiding them anymore. Here is a Toni style of doing pull-ups, kiss the bar ;)

Row 2.000m. Time 7.52, average speed 1.58 / 500m

After tabata exercise this is a tough one. Toni still managed to move around for 1.58 average speed.

5 comments:

  1. Pull ups are my biggest challenge. I just realised that I should probably do something about it :). Rowing went well. I surprised my self by going under 8 min. Agenda tomorrow is: bench press...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of power in you upper body as you have already proved. Your max for clean is around 75 and push press is 70 if I remember right? In addition you pull 140kg for deadlift so at least there is strength in you! It's just a matter of learning the technique and start doing them. Your rowing went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean 75 and push press 72.5 (maybe tomorrow 75). Yes I just have get some reps...More power and less fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The season opener ended 8-1 (4-1, 4-0, 0-0) for us as away team. It was clear from the very beginning we are going to dominate the game. After first period, result was 4-1 and there was no doubt who's gonna take the points back home. I'm proud how disciplined our team played and minimized the scoring chances for the opponent. It was rather easy game for me as a goaltender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say you are able to do pull-ups in no time as long as you just start practicing them. It won't take long until you make them several in a row. And let's try the kipping style if we have a place where we have enough space to do them. At our current box its not possible because the bar is too close to the wall

    ReplyDelete