Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday 25.9: Back squat + wods

Tuesday. Two training sessions. Strength back squat (max 112.5kg) + wod + wod.

First set was in the morning and another one after work. Only morning session included strength training for back squats, both of them comprised of metcons. Toni was with be at the gym in the morning and went for back squats and the same metcon as me.

Strength. Back squats 5x3 (105 + 105 + 110 + 112.5 + 112.5kg). Toni went for 100kg (3reps) + 105kg (1rep) + 107.5kg (1rep, PR).

It was awesome to make a comeback to crossfit after a short pause. I can clearly see the development in squats as I knew already in the beginning I'm going to be close to my old PR. I went for 3 rep sets, starting from 105kg and adding it up to 112.5kg. Toni did shorter sets, 1-3 reps for each set. For some reason usually my first squat doesn't go that low, which means I actually did 4 reps for each set because I wasn't satisfied to the first rep in any of the sets. I want the technique to be good so I don't want to give too much loose for myself.

Toni 100kg

Morning wod. Time 6.18, Toni's time 15.04. Four rounds of:

  • 20 box jumps
  • 20 double unders
  • 20 m lunges with 15kg dumbbells (Toni 12.5kg)

Lunges

We really wanted to make our quads and hamstrings burn so we figured out combining boxes and lunges, a killer combination. In addition we took double unders to get the heart race wildly. Good one for a metcon. Four rounds, total of 80 reps each. Our gym is pretty tight nowadays as the renovation took place at the end of last week. It was hard to find place to do all of the movements. Somehow we figured anyway. We chatted afterwards there could have been more space to do DUs, the rope was hitting some machines once in a while so at least I couldn't go unbroken with them. Maybe that's just an excuse :)

Evening wod.

  • First a 1.000m row for 3.33. Then the workout, time 8.12. Three rounds of:
  • 10 knees-to-elbows
  • 15 burpees
  • 20 sit-ups
  • 30 double unders
  • At the end 1.000m row for 3.35


I decided not to go for strength training in the evening due to morning's rather rough session. Instead, I took 1.000m row for starters, then a metcon, then another 1.000m row. The time for the 1.000m distance rows were 3.33 and 3.35. The actual workout in between comprised of three rounds, movements were K2E, burpees, sit-ups and DUs. Total of 225 reps.

Good practice, we'll have another session tomorrow morning!


3 comments:

  1. Not happy with my time to day. Du's took too much time and energy. I was exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have also paid attention to where you rest with the box jumps. It's said that if you must rest, rest while you're at the top of the box. This way you make it easier for yourself. Once you rest at the bottom position, you have to do more work once you are ready to rumble again

    ReplyDelete