Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday 8.10: Game day + Toni's wod

Monday. Game day, we had a Finnish Cup Champion game at home stadium. We lost the game in overtime 5-6. Damned it was disappointing. I must go to the gym in the morning forget the game. Toni focused today in crossfit.

His metcon consisted of rowing, dips and double unders. Time 16.30

  • 4 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 5 dips
  • 20 double unders


I wasn't there with him so Toni please comment on the nature of the workout so that we can feel what thoughts you had during the workout and live it through with you! :) I bet the combination of rowing and doubles really attacked your heart?

Another mobilitywod workout for leg and hip flexibility. Awesome assistance for squats


2 comments:

  1. Rowing really makes you count seconds :). This was very basic wod. Just wanted put my heart working before going home.

    I'm really starting to learn DU's. It may sound crazy but DU's were my recovery in this wod. I'm also happy to be able to perform dips because there was a time when I couldn't do even a single dip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your development as a crossfitter has been rapid. As you look back at these workouts - let's say in two months - you'll see there is a huge difference in your performance. For example your burpees. Remember how you used to crawl to the push-up position. Now you're doing it with speed, just swinging your legs back and using hip to bounce back.

    Soon I estimate you are going to realize how to use your hip correctly in all movements and find more explosiveness to all movements. That is the key to many triumphs and celebrations. Correct utilization of hip really eases most of the movements

    ReplyDelete