Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday 25.11: Row + Bench press + snatch technique

Sunday. 1k row, time 3.22. Bench press 5-5-5-2-1 (max PR 85kg). Squat snatch technique.

Name of the game: bench press and snatch technique. I haven't done metcons basically at all this week. Only yesterday's "Sevenish"had my heart beating fiercely. This programming was intentional because of two reasons. First of all, I wanted to give my body an easier week after HC Triplet and secondly, my throat was a bit sore so I didn't want to risk health. I still managed to get a good week of work through strength exercises, as well as working for skills and technical issues with light weights. Tomorrow I'm gonna get back on track with metcons, you'll see…

1k row

Strength. Bench press 5-5-5-2-1 (60, 70, 80, PR 85, 85kg). Yeah baby! Previous record of 80kg was a two rep record 1st November and three rep set 20th November. Today I took it up five times, c'mon! As I put the plates on the barbell I simply knew it's gonna come up, and it did. I definitely wanted to pile up more even though I was alone at the gym. Luckily the bench press station has these safety bars installed because I didn't get that third rep up :) I took two reps with 85kg, took one minute rest and then another single with 85kg. I was extremely happy to the results! Every time when I have rowed good numbers in the warm-up I've done records in strength workouts. This time was no exception, my 1k row was timed 3.22. All the bench press videos from the five sets are available in my Youtube channel.

85kg, 2 reps, PR

Technique. Power snatch and squat snatch. I really worked on my technique today and tried to get it going. When I do my thing with an empty barbell, it all seems to fall into pieces. When I look at it from the video, I still see the problems of bringing the bar up too far away from my body and when I do squat snatches my knees tend to lean too far ahead of my ankles in the final position of that "overhead squat". Even with these flaws I like the way my squat snatches look like compared to where I started from. Still, I'd like to be able to add weights, it's pretty pathetic to lift only 40kg snatching. Where will that take a man in the Open 2013? Nowhere. Better keep on training that technique and having the guts to squat when snatching. I will go after 50kg soon.

Squat snatches

Toni had a rest day today. Smart man, tomorrow I bet he has that energy boost and he will break his bench PR =)

No comments:

Post a Comment