Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thursday 29.11: Rest day

Thursday. Rest day.

I travelled to Stockholm, Sweden, to see my girlfriend, enjoying a few days here with her and coming back to Finland on Monday. Today is a rest day and tomorrow we are getting back to serious training.

After HC Triplet on Saturday 17th November I took an easier and lighter period, I skipped metcons for one week, took only strength and skills training to let my body get a grip. Next metcon was the week after on 24th as we did Sevenish with Toni. It turned out to be a smart decision to let concentrate in strength and skills as I have PR'd bench, pull-ups, shoulder press and deadlift after that.

This period included more handstand and hspu. I want to master them better in the future skills-wise so I'm continuing to put effort in those. Snatch is another key area. My pull-ups jumped forward greatly during November and they are no issue to me anymore, I have proven to myself in metcons that I can complete a number of them in a row but still I'm struggling with chest-to-bar pull-ups so I'll pay attention to training them as well.

17.11 HC Triplet, 3 workouts
18.11 Game day
19.11 Pull-ups and handstand, skills
20.11 Shoulder press, push press (PR), bench press + pull-up clinic
21.11 Back squat, hspu + floorball
22.11 Jogging, push-ups
23.11 Front squat, clean, snatch, ohs
24.11 Sevenish
25.11 Bench press (PR), snatch
26.11 Back squat, metcon, pull-up (PR) + floorball
27.11 Shoulder press (PR), metcon
28.11 Dedlift (PR), metcon

A couple of videos of a Finnish lifter, he's a bad ass
Milko Tokola




No comments:

Post a Comment