Friday, December 28, 2012

Friday 28.12: Sprints

Friday. 10 x 100m sprints with 20sec rest between sprints.

Something a bit different today. It feels I haven't run for ages so today was a good evening for that purpose. This was a good reminder that it must be included in the programming continuously. Keep it constantly varied! Remember to do strength, metabolic training and skills, combine different movements on a daily basis and lift heavy barbells often.

Ready to run
Today I took 10 sprints, each for 100 meters on a snowy pavement. It was anyway a steady platform to run. I took 20 seconds rest after the next run. I started to feel the pressure after 3-4 sets but I believe my pace remained good from the beginning to the end. I didn't have a clock running so it's hard to say how fast my legs were going.

My running track

Toni's workout. Time 15.12.

  • 21-15-9
  • Clean & jerk, 40kg
  • Dips

How was this workout, I think your triceps know you worked today? :)

5 comments:

  1. That's true! My triceps are burning :). I'm not that good in dips so 45 reps is lot. My plan was to do the first round 7/7/7 reps, second round 5/5/5 and last round 3/3/3. Except for the last round I was able to follow the plan.

    Today I had 40 kg weight in C & J because I wanted to keep the exercise fast and work with my metabolic condition.

    Workout was good, time was not good but I was so tired today that it's okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy the pain you have in your triceps right now :) That's where I want some more positive pain to take place in order for them to grow. I better take ring dips and push-ups back to my selection (in addition to hspu). For some reason I haven't done those for a while. At some point I used to do weighted dips, ring dips and pull-ups rather often. Push-ups in a metcon, hmm, don't even remember when it last happened.

    Anyway, that workout sounds good. It's a version of Elizabeth:
    21-15-9
    Clean, 60kg
    Ring dips

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't dne Elisabeth ever but it sound interesting at 'paper'. I would like to 'easy' but have been crossfitting 3years so I can imagine what's coming;-)

    Definetely have to try Elisabeth in next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I'm able to do 10 ring dips in a row I will do this RX.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I saw someone do this workout couple of weeks ago and it instantly made me want to jump in my car and drive to the Box to perform it. We have to go after Elizabeth some day

    ReplyDelete