Saturday, December 1, 2012

Friday 30.11: Clean, shoulder press, bench press, hs

Friday. Clean (max 70kg), shoulder press (max PR 65kg), bench press (max PR 87.5kg). Handstand skills training.

At gym in Stockholm with Pauliina, nice! Good workout, good results. I took strength workouts and finished with handstand skills training. I'll take my metcon next time, which I had in mind for today. It will include kettlebells and hopefully gonna be very rough.

Going for 87.5kg
Strength. Clean, shoulder press and bench press.
  • Clean up to 70kg
  • Shoulder press 3-3-1 (55, 60, PR 65kg)
  • Bench press 3-3-3-1-F (70, 80, 85, PR 87.5kg, 90kg)
I started off with cleans but it simply didn't go the way I wanted so I didn't get stuck with it but quickly changed to shoulder press, which  turned out to be a good deal. I took a PR in shoulder press, adding it up to 65kg.

Shoulder press, 65kg, PR

After shoulder press I moved on to bench press. Alternating with Pauliina, I was determined to hit big numbers on this one as well. My previous max was 2x85kg. Today I took a steady 3 rep set and then put more weights on the bar. New record saw the daylight: 87.5kg. I also tried 90kg but today was not the day for that one. The results for today's strength training were better than I thought when entering the box.

Handstand. The conditions for practising free handstand here in this particular Swedish gym are perfect. There is a large room with a floor covered with soft mattresses. Ideal to train for handstand and handstand walk. I was wondering how I would be able to progress with these skills and asked for Pauliina's view on this one. She simply said I should move my hands when balancing and move my hands if I want to walk with my hands. Well, I listened to her, moved my hands and was able to perform so much better than before. I realized I had never even tried to move my hands when inverted, simply just trying to find a stable and solid form and failing time after time. Today I couldn't stop practicing as I was so happy I was able to stand for a few seconds and move around by standing only with my hands. Awesome!

Toni's workouts. Toni texted he did exactly the same workout I did a litte over a month ago, 20th October. In addition he took that PR with back squats as he promised, he did good today!

2 comments:

  1. This workout was amazing. I was able to do five full rounds and 6 cleans, 6 burbees and 32 du's. So my score was only 17 du's behind Dons's result. My du's were rolling today but cleans were hard!

    Also finally pr'd my squat! I definitely have to add even more squatting and deadlifts to my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added video of that shoulder press lift of 65kg

    ReplyDelete