Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday 31.12: Deadlift, metcon

Monday. Deadlift 5x1 (max PR 170kg). Metcon 5 rounds of  deadlift (120kg), 10 burpees. Time 4.19.

Today we had a quick one together with Toni. Deadlift singles for both of us and then metcons. I stuck with deadlifts and burpees. Toni wanted to do Tabata workouts. A new PR was accomplished as well.

Tabata squats
Strength. 5x1 (130, 140, 150, 160, PR 170kg). My main focus today was on the deadlift centered metcon. For starters I wanted to do heavy deadlift singles, 5 attempts, loading the barbell up to 170kg, my new personal record! It wasn't beautiful, that's for sure, but it came up. I wasn't able to utilize my legs properly so it was all about my back muscles to pull the bar up. Still, I'm very satisfied with the weights. I'm not sure I like to post this rep but I've promised to keep this blog as transparent as possible :)

Deadlift, 170kg, PR

Metcon. Time 4.19.

  • 5 rounds of
  • 5 deadlift, 120kg
  • 10 burpees

I thought this would have been worse metcon than it actually was. I had thoughts beforehand that I'm gonna be gassed after two rounds but it was easier. 120kg isn't that heavy anyway so it was all about burpees. How fast can you do them and how quickly after burpees you can grab the bar as they have just made you breath heavily? Today I believe my strategy was good and my breaks weren't that long. I also learned something new with the burpees. I was able to go down faster than normally and I believe that had effects on the pace of my metcon. I'm happy with the time for now.

Burpees

Toni's workouts. Deadlift singles and tabata workouts.

  • Deadlift singles, 130, 140, 150, 150kg
  • Tabata ring push-ups. 8+8+8+8+7+7+6+5. Total of 57 reps. Result 5 reps
  • Tabata sit-ups. 13+11+10+10+10+10+10+10. Total of 84 reps. Result 10 reps.
  • Tabata squats. 19+15+16+15+15+15+15+14. Total of 124 reps. Result 14 reps.


1 comment:

  1. This was my "rest day". My plan was to take a day off but there were just too much time :-). My deadlifts were not perfect today but I lifted 150kg. Tabata workout was very nice. It was my first time with tabata ring push-upps and it was super. I did 8 reps almost every round. Last round my score was 5 reps :'(

    ReplyDelete