Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Tuesday 18.12: Deadlift EMOM, DU

Tuesday. Deadlift, Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM), 5x120kg. Double under training.

Monday's workout was a bit hasty so today I was smarter and came to the gym way in advance. Yesterdays' squats took their taxes, I guess my front squats put too much pressure on both of my elbows because they were in great pain already in the evening. Then I had my floorball training in the evening as well which didn't ease the pain =) Today my plan was to do a hero wod but there were huge number of push-ups involved so I had to skip it and concentrate in quality training for deadlifts.

Going for pull-ups
Deadlift EMOM. Every minute on the minute, 5 x 120kg deadlift.

I spoke Toni and my brother to do this workout some months ago but I realized I haven't done it myself at all. Do 5 reps of 120kg deadlift every minute on the minute for 10 minutes. I did these unbroken and fast so I had about 45 seconds rest each minute after completing those 5 reps. This wasn't that rough a workout after all, even though there were 6k kilos pounced around. I don't know how it would have turned out if there were more weights involved. It's anyway a good and quick workout to be done.

After chilling for a while I took some double unders and for fun I tried if I could go for 100 reps in a row. I was happy to witness I reached that 100 rep-club at first try =) Okey, I don't know what the point of this was but still, it was fun to do so many doubles just like that. We also found a way to do modified GHD sit-ups, take a look at the photos. Well, okay, it's not the same but something like it.


Modified GHD's

Toni's birthday workouts. 28th birthday wod, time 7.09. Compare to my birthday wod 4th November.
  • 28 ring push-ups
  • 28 double unders
  • 28 knees-to-elbows
  • 28 double unders
  • 28 lunges, 20kg bar in front rack position
  • 28 double unders
Toni has his birthday today so he continued the birthday wod "tradition" which I started two months ago. He turned 28 so wod included 28 reps of some movements. First set of ring push-ups unbroken, same with the double unders. K2E was too difficult, it was something like 5 in the first attempt, then sets of 2 reps until the end. This movement should have been replaced with something else to get the full benefits of the workout. Lunges unbroken as well. Second and third set of doubles went well but not unbroken, maybe in 2-3 attempts.

Toni's birthday wod

1 comment:

  1. This was a nice and fast metcon. Very happy that I was able to do push-ups and walking lunges unbroken. My K2E's were pathetic. If I do this workout again I will change K2E's to box jumbs and maybe add an extra movement (like rowing 28 kcal)

    I was planning something very filthy for to tomorrow but my body is not ready yet so I will do a metcon with back squats and burbees

    ReplyDelete