Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Wednesday 9.1: Deadlifts and rowing

Wednesday. Deadlifts 5-5-5-5-5 (max 160kg), rowing 2 x 750m.

My strength element for today was deadlift. Original plan was to repeat a workout I did back in October but my elbows didn't like the idea of completing knees-to-elbows so I modified my workouts of the day. Toni had a rest day and enjoyed a good sleep.

Strength. Deadlifts 5-5-5-5-5 (130, 140, 150, 160, 130kg). I've been waiting to do that workout I did in October. Today was supposed to be a good day for that purpose but destiny had other plans. I tried a few K2Es but the swing mode didn't feel good so I did deadlifts as strength training. There I had no issues with my elbows so I took fives up. When I go further than my squat's max load my form starts to compromise as my hips shoot the air first, only then my chest follows. I didn't want to max out today but stay with 5-rep sets till the end. My max set was 160kg, after which I took a 130kg to cool it down and focus on lifting the bar by leading with my chest. I'm happy with the amount I was able to lift as a 5-rep set.

Rowing. 2 x 750m. Average pace for the first set 1.45/500m. Second set 1.44. I didn't want to leave the gym without giving pressure to my heart so I decided to sit on the rower and start pulling. My first set of rowing was going with a 1.45min / 500m speed on average. I decided to top that time so I improved with 1 second on average pace. There was a 2min rest period between sets.

By the way, I'm a bit frustrated with my elbows, especially the left one. I'd like to clean & jerk constantly but once I do, my elbow(s) jam up pretty roughly. I've had to take it a bit easier with such movements that create pressure there.

In the evening I'm going to my floorball training.

No comments:

Post a Comment