Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday 11.2: Clean and jerks

Monday. Every other minute, 5 clean & jerks (60kg) for 24 min. Total of 60 reps.

I can really feel those yesterday's front squats in my quads. I suppose the Air Force didn't make it any easier =) There were also two games during the weekend so now my legs are smashed, and so is Toni's. Today's focus was on olympic lifts, clean & jerks, love 'em!

Clean & jerk

Workout. Total of 60 reps.
  • 1min work
  • 1min rest
  • 5 reps of c&j (60kg) each work minute
Oh man, this was perfect! I couldn't have imagined a better workout for this morning. By the way, it was a bit different wake-up today as I got back to work. Goodbye for 11 hours sleep, today it was the basic 6 hours agains =) Anyway, I was pumped up and ready to train hard and so was Toni. After good preparation we put 60kg on the bar and decided to hit it on.

One minute work, one minute off, complete 5 clean & jerks each minute you are working; that is every other minute. We did this together so that I worked for the first minute and Toni worked on the second minute. The other one worked, the other one took a rest in the meanwhile. The time period of 24 minutes was based on the fact that 60 reps took place in that time slot, 12 x 5 reps. That's twice the amount of repetition needed for Grace.

Take a look at the last two rounds of our workout


I was able to move the barbell well for the entire workout. I was proud of how smooth the motion looked like from the ground to overhead and back down. Also the learning of jerk instead of press has paid off. This is the way I can put some stress away from my shoulders. I liked this workout tremendously. It boosted my confidence in clean & jerk, very important as there's been such a long pause since last doing these moves.

C&J, Tony

3 comments:

  1. That video is full of testosterone :-). This was amazing workout. It really made my shoulders work. Clean & Jerk is now officially my favorite lift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kundit tekee tiukkoi treenei, mut tsiikatkaa missä kunnossa tämä mimmi on http://games.crossfit.com/athlete/7965

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah I envy her Fran time. But hey, a surprise, my Helen is better, c'mon!

    Deadlift we have about the same but those olympic lifts are freaking phenomenal, huhhuh

    ReplyDelete