Monday, February 4, 2013

Monday 4.2: Hero Wod Chief

Monday. Hero wod Chief.

I'm having a week off from work so I have the possibility to train at day time, no need to wake up that early. The side effect is that Toni is training at different times so I got to do some more mental game. Luckily Pauliina had the possibility to come to the box with me. My agenda for today was a hero wod, which carried out exactly as I wanted: better muscular endurance. It was a high rep workout with cleans as main strength ingredient.

Time!
Chief.

  • 3min amrap of
  • 3 cleans, 60kg
  • 6 push-ups
  • 9 squats
  • Rest 1min. Repeat for a total of 5 cycles. Post rounds completed for each to the 5 cycles.
There were quite a number of reps in total during this total of 19min workout. On average I was able to maintain 5 round pace throughout the Chief. Naturally in the beginning it was easier and then in the middle of the workout I had to rush to get those rounds full. Finally on the last round it was only 6 squats shy of 5 rounds.

Clean

This was a "fun" workout if you can call any workout hilarious. It was exactly what I wanted. I need to play high rep games with rather heavy kilos. For this purpose completing 78 cleans with 60kg worked well! There were also 150 push-ups and 219 squats. I was able to perform all those cleans well without troubles, same with the push-ups, all unbroken. My legs were killing me at some point of the workout. I was surprised about that but maybe it was yesterday's game that still burnt my legs. My thighs were cramping in the evening :) Because there was 1min break between 3min amraps my breathing got a chance to slow down but it quickly came heavy as the next amrap began.

Push-ups

Chief was pretty awesome as it improved my metabolic conditioning, allowed me to high-rep cleans and I got the chance to work my triceps and chest with push-ups, let's not forget the leg work needed for this one.

Squats

Results of Chief. Total of 178 cleans, 150 push-ups and 219 squats
  • 1st cycle: 5 rounds + 3 cleans
  • 2nd cycle: 5 rounds
  • 3rd cycle: 5 rounds
  • 4th cycle: 5 rounds
  • 5th cycle: 4 rounds + 3 squats

1st 3min amrap of Chief

Cashout. After resting a while my cash out concentrated in triceps.
  • French push-ups 3x12
  • Narrow grip press 3x12

Toni's workouts. Metcon of thrusters and dips.
  • 6 rounds of
  • 6 thrusters, 50kg
  • 6 dips


2 comments:

  1. Nice work don! I'm going after chief tomorrow morning.

    Today's workout was nice. My goal was to do lots of thrusters with "heavy" kilos. Also I wanted to do all the dips unbroken. Both goals achieved.

    In the evening I went skiing with Saara. I did 20 x 350 meters. I'm like to worst skier in europe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have liked to see you sprint with the skis =) No offense but I remember it's been a while since you've done that? I skied last time some 20 years ago…

    Anyway, I'm very happy I was able to move myself and the bar very solid earlier today. Nice to hear Pony you were happy about your performance today! I wish you luck with "the Chief"

    ReplyDelete