Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wednesday 13.2: Snatches

Wednesday. Snatch high-pull 5x5 (50kg). EMOM snatch workout for 15min.

This day was full of snatch loving. There were plenty of snatching going on at the box. First some snatch high-pulls, then a 15min workout of snatches and overhead squats. We had no time to go for another metcon. I took a cashout right after the workout without a break in between. In the evening I had some floorball with my team.

Snatch high-pull. 5-5-5-5-5 (50kg). I'm doing this in order to find new tools for better snatch technique. By putting a bit more weight on the barbell and concentrating in pulling the bar to collarbone level I can create power in upper back and shoulders, plus at the same time improving the pulling technique. Snatch is probably the most demanding movement of all in technical sense so all help and training is needed to find a good form and style.

Snatch high-pull

Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute (EMOM) for 15min
  • 1 snatch from the ground
  • 1 hang snatch
  • 2 overhead squats
  • 40kg barbell, hold on to the barbell without losing grip
A few rounds of the workout with Toni

Together with Toni we put 40kg on the bar and started doing the workout. 4 reps every minute: one regular snatch from the ground, then a hang snatch, finishing with 2 overhead squats. We both had time to complete our turns in one minute. I concentrated in finding a good position and deep squat in overhead squats, which has been quite difficult to me because of my hip mobility. By concentrating in pushing the heels to the ground I was able to squat deep. This was a good workout, a total of 30 different types of snatches, accompanied with 30 overhead squats. Right after the workout I wanted to give my everything with snatches. For the 16th minute I did a 1min amrap of snatches as a cashout. I managed to do 10 in a row, then 3 and finally I lost my grip and time came full.

Cashout. Immediately after workout, complete 1min amrap of snatches, 40kg. Result 13 snatches.

Toni's workouts.
  • Snatch high-pull 5-5-5-5-5 (50, 50, 40, 40, 40kg)
  • Same EMOM workout without the cashout.

No comments:

Post a Comment