Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Wednesday 27.2: Elizabeth

Wednesday. Elizabeth. Time 10.28

Elizabeth, she was tough. I took over another benchmark girl to accompany the others. I've had this in my calendar for a long time but for several times but now I finally got the chance to prove I can do it. There have been a lot of cleans and c&j lately and my technique has taken a giant leap so it felt natural to give a shot at Elizabeth. Toni did snatches and Tabata training.

Warming up
Elizabeth. Time 9.28
  • 21-15-9
  • Squat cleans, 60kg
  • Ring dips
In a long workout like these girls tend to be, you must have a strategy. If you don't have one, it's gonna eat you alive. If you start pushing 110% from the very beginning, you're gonna get gassed very soon after starting. My plan was to do 3 sets of 7 cleans in the first round. It went something like that. On the second one I planned to do 3x5 and on the last set I hoped to do it in two sets. It didn't go exactly as I planned but close. On the ring dips I had a steady goal and implementation, 5 rep sets all the way except on the last set when I did 7 unbroken and then the remaining 2 reps.

Elizabeth (last squat clean & last set of ring dips missing)

It felt very exhausting during the workout. I had to take some breaks during the squat cleans. That movement took my energy and made my guts burn. I hoped I could have gone more unbroken but that wasn't the case today. Maybe I could sometimes take sets of 10 unbroken touch'n'go squat cleans, hang cleans or something like that. Or then simply do 30 reps as fast as possible to test how quickly it can be done. I haven't done many workouts like that. Not a bad idea.

Elizabeth worked perfectly for its purpose. A hard core metcon that I needed for today. This week has consisted of good training this far. Monday's thruster ladder was awesome and deadlift strength training rocked. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Elias was also at the Box for another crossfit training. Today his program consisted of Tabata training of ring rows, sit-ups and dumbbell clean & jerks. He fought bravely!

Toni's workouts. Snatch, sets of 3 reps. Tabata training (db snatches, push-ups, double unders).

  • Snatches 5x3 (40, 40, 40, 45, 40kg)
  • Tabata dumbbell snatches, 15kg (12, 9, 8, 9, 9, 9, 9, 10 reps)
  • Tabata push-ups (10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 7, 7, 6 reps)
  • Tabata double unders (15, 10, 15, 13, 17, 15, 17, 14 reps)


No comments:

Post a Comment