Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday 15.3: Step-ups, double unders

Friday. Step-ups and double unders.

I had plenty of plans for today and wanted to go heavier but then again I was holding back a bit because tomorrow I'm gonna do the 13.2 workout in the 2013 CF Open together with Toni. The workout includes push presses, deadlifts and box jumps so it's not wise to do heavy back squats, clean & jerks or deadlifts the day before. My decision was to do step-ups and also remind my body of double unders, which I haven't done in a while.



Workout. Few sets of step-ups and double unders after which a workout:

  • 10 step-ups, 80kg
  • 20 double unders
  • 8 step-ups, 80kg
  • 20 double unders
  • 6 step-ups, 80kg
  • 20 double unders
  • 4 step-ups, 80kg
  • 20 double unders
  • 2 step-ups, 80kg
  • 20 double unders


My legs felt good in the workout and also double unders rolled well from the start. I took rowing, stretching, pvc pipe movements, barbell squats and 5x20 double unders for quite a long time as warm-up before hitting the workout. My body felt fresh and was ready to pump it up.

I kept this session light so let's see what happens tomorrow. It's not gonna be an easy one, my heart will race hard already in the early stages of the workout.

Toni's workouts. Bench and short metcon.
Bench press 5-3-3-2-1-1 (60, 80, 90, 95, PR 100, PR 102.5kg). Toni hit it after training half a year for this goal =) He really wanted to lift 100kg and finally did it. His previous max was 97.5kg, today his 95kg looked easier than normally so he immediately added some weights to reach 100kg. He did a single and added 2.5kg on the bar and reached a new max of 1 rep to 102.5kg. He also tried 105kg twice but failed. Nice improvement on the max load Toni, 5kg!

After bench Toni did two rounds of tomorrow's workout, just to get a feeling what's coming up and what to expect from the workout. Looked like it's not gonna be as easy as it looks on paper. No surprise there =)

  • 2 rounds of CF Open workout 13.2
  • 5 shoulder-to-overhead, 52.5kg
  • 10 deadlifts, 52.5kg
  • 15 box jumps, 64cm



1 comment:

  1. Finally over 100 kg. Bench press is not the most important movement for me but it felt great to finally take that 100 kg up.

    ReplyDelete