Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday 13.3: Snatch complex, clean metcon

Wednesday. Snatch complex. Clean metcon.

Main focus today: squat snatch, mobility. Toni joined me at the gym for same objectives.

Squat snatch, Toni

Snatches. Few sets of snatch complex, up to 40kg.
  • Power snatch from ground
  • Hang power snatch
  • Squat snatch
  • 2 x overhead squats
  • Snatch balance
These snatch sets' main purpose was to do semi-long sets of various snatches with one grip. See the link on Fit As F*ck's pages of the complex benefits. My hips were suddenly very stiff and I found it extremely difficult to get them open up for this workout. My squat snatches were pathetic and I simply couldn't find a way to complete them with style. I had to snatch the barbell, then squat, to complete a squat snatch. Same with snatch balance, that was far away from beautiful and explosive movement. However, my snatches and hang snatches rolled well and the weight seemed lighter after lifting those 60kg barbells last week.

Metcon. Didn't time this one. Did this simultaneously with Toni.
  • 6 rounds of
  • 5 hang squat cleans, 60kg
  • 10 burpees
This I loved! Same ideology here, one grip in the hang cleans. Do not break the sets, do them unbroken and finish the sets with style. I went unbroken throughout the workout. It was a nice test to my lunges and they survived today. Better keep on having hang cleans and hang snatches in the selection regularly to build up explosiveness and upper body strength. I guess I've done my share of the burpees for one week after completing the CF Open 13.1 workout twice (burpees + snatches).

We did this workout same time with Toni. I started with cleans, he took off with burpees. There was some pause at occasionally as we were both trying to grab the same barbell but the pace was the same as if there was a clock running, even though we didn't time this. This day worked well for its purpose. A lot of repetition for upper back, strenuous movements for grip power and cardio was also in play.

After work I'll head to home stadium to floorball training. During next night Crossfit Games will publish the workout number two for this year's competition. You can watch it live at games.crossfit.com as Annie Thorisdottir and Lindsay Valenzuela will go head-to-head only minutes after the announcement of workout 13.2!

1 comment:

  1. This one totally nailed me. Tomorrow is going to be a rest for me. There has been several of nasty workouts in the last eight days (including two times 13.1) and to make sure that my body is ready for 13.2 I have to do some active recovery.

    ReplyDelete