Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday 12.4: Thrusters + Lunges

Friday. AM: 1min on, 1min off for 20 minutes: thrusters, 60kg. PM: Weighted lunges and sit-ups.

This has been a good week of training. I've had the possibility to sleep more than before. On two morning's I haven't gone to the Box as on Monday we trained after work and Wednesday was a rest day. I believe that has a positive impact on my training. Usually the amount of sleep is minimal. It also helps that floorball season is over so there's not that much rush all the time.



Morning workout.  Result 74 reps.
  • 1min on, 1min off for 20 minutes
  • Thrusters, 60kg
  • Results: 10+8+8+8+7+7+7+6+7+6 reps
A lot of thrusters for breakfast. That's it, I was done after the workout as my shoulders were killing me. This was exactly what I wanted and what I remembered from last time I completed similar workout 12th December. Then, I completed it with 50kg, today I had 60kg on the barbell. The difference between the two days was also that last time I took the bar from rack, today I picked it from floor. I felt the difference between the weights. It felt bad last time, but so it did today as well, even more.

I figured beforehand that maybe 6-7 reps would be okay but once I started working, I took 10 reps for starters, then continued with 8 reps for some rounds. From mid-workout on, it really created pressure on my shuolders and they started to go numb. Then I only tried to hang on to that 7-rep scheme till the end.

For 7 rounds I did those reps unbroken and on the last 3 rounds I had to drop the bar after 4-5 reps and then pick it up again to finish the round. I didn't utilize the entire 60 seconds any round, don't know what would have happened if I pushed it to the max each round, till the last second. Guess the burden would have built up too large to handle for 20 minutes.

I do enjoy this cruel workout. It puts strength and cardio both in to test and it takes a while to recover from the burn in forearms and shoulders. My legs weren't burning that much, they held on well.

Evening workout.

  • 4 rounds of:
  • 10 weighted lunges, 60-70kg bar
  • 50 sit-ups
I went to nearby gym with Pauliina in the evening 'cause she wanted to work out. I took it light this time. For starters I did some rowing, squats and lunges with a barbell. I didn't time this workout at all. Afterwards I took 5x5 squats with a few seconds halt in the bottom position, the deepest I've ever been at. My goal was to practice that form with light weight (60kg) and find balance + depth.

Take a look at some handstand training


No comments:

Post a Comment