Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sunday 7.4: Rowing, headstand, handstand

Sunday. 4x750m interval rowing. 50 ab wheel. Headstand and handstand skills training.

I thought about staying home today as I've trained a lot with barbells this week. I'm so glad Pauliina wanted to go there so I accompanied her and concentrated in cardio and skills. This training day was just perfect!



Rowing. Time 16.27. Rounds of 750m row 2.39 + 2.39 + 2.35 + 2.34.

  • 4 rounds of
  • 750m row
  • 2 min rest
This workout was the crown for this week's rowing. On Friday there was about 3.3km row, yesterday 2km and today 3km, altogether I'm very pleased I found enthusiasm in rowing. It's very good way to put your heart racing wildly. In the first two rounds my average was around 1.46/500m and on the last two ones approximately 1.43/500m. I consider that pace rather good for this workout. I was done after the fourth set and called it quits.



Cashout. 50 ab wheel. Wanted to do some abs and decided on ab wheel. I did sets of 20 + 15 + 15 reps. Not for time.

Headstand. I believe the last time I've practiced headstand was in New York last summer =) Since then, it's been mostly handstand training or inverted holds on rings if I've been upside down. This was surprisingly easy! Suppose my body control has improved in the last year so that I was able to keep a steady form. I was able to catch two videos from this training. All together I trained headstand for quite a while, for several sets, maybe 15+ minutes.





Handstand. After headstand I wanted to upgrade to handstand as my confident level was already good on this one. It's been too long since I last practiced so it was about time! I believe this went well too. Here you can take a glimpse on this one. As you see, everything doesn't always go as you'd like to ;) Well, I was satisfied that I was able to maintain that inverted position for a few seconds. I can't hold my hands still as I must try to control and stabilize my body constantly.

Handstand



It doesn't always go as planned =)


No comments:

Post a Comment