Thursday, April 11, 2013

Thursday 11.4: Back squat, metcon + metcon

Thursday. AM Back squat 3-3-3-3-3-1 (max 132.5kg). Metcon, 4min amrap of ring pull-ups and toes-to-rings. Result 58 reps. PM run and kettlebell action.

Thursday's goal was to do strength and short metcon in the morning, then continue with longer workout in the evening to increase metabolic conditioning. Yesterday's rest day probably was a good thing, my joints felt good in the morning and I was ready to squat. There were rings in play with the metcon. I have two kettlebells that suited perfectly for the evening's workout!




Strength. 3-3-3-3-3-1 (100, 110, 120, 125, 130, 132.5kg). Was it the rest day or proper warm-up that got me going, go figure, but at least it felt good and I was well prepared to squat deep! For the last three squatting days I haven't got the best out of me. Today it felt very much different. On those previous days it has been tough to nail 120kg, I recall the barbell weighing like hell. Today there was no problem carrying that weight. I managed to lift 3x130kg and then a single rep for 132.5kg.



Metcon. Result 58 reps
  • 4min amrap
  • 1 ring pull-up
  • 1 toes-to-rings (T2R)
I would have done this with a pull-up bar but it's located a bit too close to the wall in my opinion. It wouldn't bother me normally but I thought there might be some significant kipping included so I carried it out with Rogue rings, which was probably the better decision. 4 minutes is a short time so it's all about going as fast as possible. I thought it would have been easier, at least it looks easy on paper =) I took 20 reps in a row for starters, then a short break. All of a sudden I realized it's not that light anymore! Doup, it started to become a struggle pretty soon after that and wasn't able to make many pull-ups in a row from then on. My forearms definitely felt the burden after the workout.



Metcon. Time 10.30.
  • 2 rounds of
  • 150m run
  • 20 kb clean & jerk, 20kg
  • 150m run
  • 20 kb swings, 32kg
  • 150m run
  • 20 kb snatches, 20kg
Wanted to do double training and decided to go outside with my kettlebells. My warm-up was about 300m farmer's walk with the kettlebells, the other one 20kg and the other one 32kg. It was actually a good preparation for the workout. In addition I jogged and made some hip openers before I heard the 3-2-1-go! I kept a steady pace from beginning to end, in the middle of the workout my time was about 5 minutes. I did all the reps unbroken both rounds so the only thing that slowed me down was the pace I ran.



Felt good about this training session, haven't ben doing serious job with the bells for a long time. I'd like to work with them. The logistics is always a bit of a challenge with them. Got to keep on carrying them with me in a car and working outdoors with 'em.

Toni's workouts. First clean & jerks, then double unders.
  • For 12 min, every 2 minutes
  • 5 clean & jerk, 60kg
  • Cashout. 10 x 20 double unders

No comments:

Post a Comment