Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tuesday 30.4: Bodyweight movements, skills

Tuesday. Bodyweight stuff, skills.

I left the barbell alone this time and concentrated in skills with purely bodyweight. Wall bars seem to be an excellent tool to strengthen arms, shoulders and core. From the inspiration I got from Pauliina we both tried to do some exercises by utilizing them. It was a good one hour training session.



Bodyweight movements.

  • Rings
  • Muscle-up training
  • Wall bars
  • Planche holds

First I played with the rings and desperately attempted to complete a muscle-up. Have to say that it looked pathetic =) Got to get my bro to work out with me this movement because this is totally a technique stuff. I know I have enough strength to complete it but I'm missing the technique to carry out a good rep.

Then we practiced body balance and upper body control / strength with the wall bars. Finally I did several sets of different kinds of planche holds. Never tried them before. The purpose of this day was to get familiar with some gymnastics movements.

Planche, leaning on my knees

In the end I did some triceps for strength training. This day was almost entirely concentrated in bodyweight strength and body control as well as balance. Let's call it a good skills training day.

Planche, leaning on hip bones

No comments:

Post a Comment