Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday 9.4: 1/2 Mary, cycling

Tuesday. 5 rounds of Mary. Time 10.52. For recovery, 3 x 5min cycling to flush legs.

Knees-to-elbows

Metcon. 10.52

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 hspu
  • 10 pistol squats (5/5)
  • 15 pull-ups

Mary is awesome! My body was not at its most fresh condition so I decided to do 5 rounds of Mary instead of 20min amrap, which is the rx'd version. I did this workout 21st February and managed to rattle through 7 rounds + 3 hspu, a total of 213 reps. Today I did 5 rounds (150reps) in less than 11 minutes and managed the workout way better.

My handstand push-ups were perfect, unbroken each round, I mean EACH round, c'mon! I'm so proud of myself with this movement in the morning. Pistol squats went also as planned, practically unbroken. The first 3 rounds of pull-ups went unbroken, on the 4th and 5th round had to break them in pieces as my wings were burning.

This workout is cruel, awesome and yet on the discomfort zone. All good elements and for sure it's worth repeating once in a while. After resting for 5 minutes I took 3x5 minutes cycling to flush legs.

Toni's workouts. Back squats 4x100, 4x105, 4x110, 1x115kg. Then, a metcon, result 9 rounds.

  • 20min amrap
  • 5 thrusters, 42.5kg
  • 10 box jumps
  • 5 knees-to-elbows

First 3 rounds were around 2 minutes, rounds of 4-7 were a bit over 2.30min, getting slower little by little. The wild thing was that on the 8th round Toni speeded up 30 seconds compared to 7th round. And, the last round took only 1.39, which was the second fastest round in the entire workout. That's mental folks!

Thrusters



No comments:

Post a Comment