Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday 10.5: Deadlift, team wod

Friday. Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3-1-1 (max PR 185kg). Team metcon, hspu, pull-ups, push-ups and sit-ups.

Today's agenda was to do a team workout together with Toni but during the day my team mate's feeling grew and he had the desire to reach the same clean numbers that I got up yesterday. So I also had some time to deadlift, haven't been doing that much lately with heavy loads. You'll find videos of our lifts from the links I attached, there's still some problems with attaching own videos to the post.



Strength. Deadlift 3-3-3-3-3-1-1 (120, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 185kg). I took some reps with 60 and 100kg before moving on to heavier loads. This time it was triples all the way up to 170kg. It was the first time I did more than singles with 160kg, at least I believe so. That 170 was rather heavy and on the 180kg (my current PR) I took only a single, would have been a struggle to get another rep. Once I was already at this level, I had to add 5kg and take a new PR, 185kg =) And my form stayed ok in this strength training, I'm glad about that!



1 second after the PR, 185kg =)

Team metcon. Together with Toni. One team member works at a time.

  • 40 handstand push-ups
  • 100 pull-ups
  • 200 push-ups
  • 200 sit-ups

This was the first time we did this type of workout together. Not the first time doing a wod with Pony but determining a certain number of reps per movement and completing them in alternating turns was new thing for both of us. Toni started with the hspu's, did as many as possible, then it was my turn. I was able to hit a PR of hspu's in the first round, 10 of them, first ones were strict and the rest kipping, could've probably squeezed 1-2 more but there were plenty of them in front of us and little time to rest. Once the other one was performing, the other one rested and then a switch.

The pull-ups weren't bad and I'm quite proud of this other crossfitter's pull-ups. He nailed his new max, 10 pull-ups in a row. And from then on, he also did 5+ sets till the end as I recall it. I got 25 on the first round, then 15 and the rest I don't remember.

The push-ups were a nightmare and it felt it took forever to finish them. Toni completed 30 reps on the first round and gassed himself. On the second round he got 10 and less from then on. I got 15 on the first round, then 10's for some time and 5's in the end.

The sit-ups were easy, too easy, should've done it some other way. Maybe toes-to-rings, knees-to-elbows or something like that. We did them in turns, 20 reps per dude, and then switch, only 100 reps each.

My upper body was jammed after this. There were a big number of hspu's, pull-ups and push-ups in total. I enjoyed the way we carried the workout through. Got to propose these type of workouts in the future to Toni as well. What did you think man?

Toni's workout. Clean singles, 70, 75, 80, 85, PR 90, PR 92.5kg. C'mon, he did as well! Great job mate, previous PR was 87.5, today two lifts after that to reach 92.5kg and Toni always does them as power cleans, he hasn't practiced squat cleans to feel natural with heavier weights.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah. We definitely have to do these kind of workouts again. I was super happy about my pull ups. They felt so natural. Also happy about PR in clean!

    ReplyDelete