Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday 31.5: Back squat, front squat, interval cycling

Friday. Back squat 3-3-3-3-3, front squat 2-2-2. Interval cycling. Cashout 4x50 sit-ups.

I had another workout in my mind yesterday evening but decided to listen to my body that felt destroyed in the morning. My shoulders were strengthless so I decided to postpone a workout that would have been done with dumbbells and included a few strength movements. Instead, I took rather easy back squats and easy front squats. It's been 2 weeks since I've squatted so I wanted to get back on track. Not superheavy but still squatting. Then, some interval cycling to get some cardio work done.

Strength. Back and front squats.

  • Back squat 3-3-3-3-3 (100, 110, 120, 120, 120kg)
  • Front squat 2-2-2 (100, 100, 100kg)

Intentionally stayed at 120kg and didn't want to push further. I felt good squatting and it was a nice "variation" as I haven't been doing this one in two weeks. Definitely should have. The weights start to feel heavier when you don't squat in a while, that's for sure. I kept the back squats at 120kg and front squats at 100kg.

Cycling. Distance 3.200m

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 2min work
  • 1min rest

Some cardio work and more burden for legs. This was an easier training day and mostly concentrated on my legs. Not extreme but a moderate work load. I felt good about getting back on track with squats even though the weights were not heavy. And some cycling in the end. I got my quads and hamstrings burn.

Cashout.

  • 4 x 50 sit-ups
Short breaks between sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment