Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday 6.5: Thrusters

Monday. 30 x thrusters, 60kg. Time 2.54.

It was destined to be a quick workout. I was in a hurry because and had no time for longer workout. It was time for some thrusters! Tony followed the same workout.


Workout. Time 2.54.

  • 30 thrusters, 60kg

The only thing I was thinking about beforehand was the weight I should put on the barbell. Was thinking about 70kg 'cause the other day I did a thruster workout which included 74 reps with 60kg. I knew I'm able to move the weight pretty well but because the nature of the workout was supposed to be similar as Grace or Isabel, I ended up having 60kg on the bar. Considering the goal, this weight was good and I managed it quite well. It would have been nice to do it with heavier weight as well even though the time span would have been definitely longer. Got to try it out some day!

My goal was 5 sets of 6 reps and I managed to stick to the game plan. The 3 first sets went on nicely but my heart started to beat harder. On the 4th had to really push it and 5th one was a mental one. It was a fast tempo workout and it was over in less than 3 minutes. My Grace took a bit less than 4 minutes so this was almost 1min faster. That's mind twisting because I thought thrusters would have been more time consuming.



Toni's workouts. Thrusters. Time 5.52.

  • 30 thrusters, 60kg

I had the chance to watch him work out up to 21 reps, then I had to leave. His plan was to do sets of 5 reps for as long as possible. He stuck with it for 3 sets, 15 reps. Then he took a triple and another, reaching 21 reps. Then it was 2 or 3 reps till the finish. This was not enough for him so he also completed a 10min amrap.

Toni's metcon. Result 11 rounds.

  • 10 min amrap
  • 5 K2E
  • 5 box, 61cm


No comments:

Post a Comment