Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday 11.5: Squat clean ladder

Saturday. Squat clean ladder, time 8.54. Ice cream makers 4x10 reps.

The workout of this Saturday was a ladder of squat cleans with increasing load. The weather was beautiful so it would have been awesome to train outdoors but today we decided otherwise with Pauliina. Toni is at a wedding reception and is having a rest day. By the way, I added a slow motion video of my 92.5kg record clean from two days ago. Here's a link to that video.



Workout. Squat clean ladder. Time 8.54
  • Squat cleans, one barbell, athlete changes plates individually
  • 10 x 50kg
  • 10 x 60kg
  • 10 x 70kg
  • 10 x 80kg
The rounds of 50's and 60's unbroken, the 70's went in 4+3+3 reps and the last round was a battle and had to be completed mostly in single lifts. The change of plates took some time from me as you can see from the video. It took something like 1 minute between rounds, should have been more efficient if I wanted to do this quicker. I'm so happy my cleans have evolved to a point where I'm proud of looking at them from a video and I'm able to keep my form throughout the workouts.



This was a good workout. I've done similar workout with thrusters (with 40, 50, 60 & 70kg) in February. Both had the element of metabolic conditioning being in a test. I liked the way my heart was beating fast.



Ice-cream makers.
  • 4 x 10 reps
You'll find the video behind this link. I'll try to get used to the rings to some day be able to do a muscle up. This movement that somehow resembled ice-cream makers, put effort on the abdominals and grip strength. It's also a great way to familiarize with the rings.



1 comment:

  1. I was able to post the squat clean ladder video to the post

    ReplyDelete