Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sunday 12.5: Handstand training

Sunday. Handstand training.

It's Mother's Day and we spent it at the in-laws in Klaukkala. Perfect food, chilling out, washing cars in sunshine and enjoying the company. I also had to take advantage of the perfect circumstances for handstand walk training =)



Handstand. God damned it's awesome to practice this particular gymnastics skill back there. There's so much room and you don't have to watch out for any obstacles, devices or walls. Our Box is a bit tight so there's something in your way all the time. In Klaukkala, there's tens of meters of open grass field. Here you'll see couple of videos of my current skill level. I'd like to train handstand twice a week now as it's easy to just walk outdoors and start practicing. Let's see how well I stick to that plan. This skill definitely needs repetitions, a lot of them. And I have a long way to master this one but I'm determined to do so.

My bro was at same level just some time go, maybe in the end of last year but little by little he's been practicing and today he was able to handstand walk 13 meters in a row, c'mon! That creates hope for me too and I really felt I managed better today than before.






Perfect surroundings for training, sun & open field


No comments:

Post a Comment