Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday 30.5: Burpees and pull-ups

Thursday. Metcon of burpees and pull-ups, 100 each. Time 12.52.

I had back squats on my agenda for today but that running metcon had its effect on my legs and it felt a good decision to concentrate on heart beat instead of squats. How simple can it be: a lot of burpees and pull-ups, that's it!



Metcon. Time 12.52

  • 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
  • Burpees
  • Pull-ups
Complete 1 burpee and 1 pull-up on the first round, 2 burpees and 2 pull-ups on the second round etc. Go up to 10 reps and back, a total of 100 reps each. Had no idea how to pace myself so I took of with a rather good pace as the first rounds felt so easy. Of course they felt because of the amount of reps per round. From about 7th round on I started to get a clue of the workout's nature…


Burpees


Those burpees smoked my breathing and pull-ups took my upper body strength effectively =) This was awesome workout to say the least. Two bodyweight movements and I was totally gassed after I got the last pull-up done. I was able to go through both of the movements unbroken each set. In the transition stage I took some breath in the most difficult rounds in the middle of the workout. For the first 6 rounds and last 5 rounds I went without stopping to catch a breath but in the middle it felt bad and was therefore forced to lean my elbows to my knees and chill out for a while. My goal was to complete the pull-ups unbroken and was able to reach that objective.


Pull-ups

Flushed my legs cycling in the end for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment