Wednesday, July 10, 2013

June's stats

June's stats. Here's a detailed description of June's workouts in numbers.

Pretty much every barbell lifted or pressed, each rep in all movements. Some rare movements and ancillary workouts may not be in the stats. Other than that, everything should have been recorded. All in all, the weights remained identical, only emphasized different movements. Same with the bodyweight and skills movements. Similar load but focused on different things. Have been working on my handstand skills on a regular basis. Couple of PR's were seen as well.



Benchmark workouts.

  • Bear complex, max weight 50kg
  • Bradley, time 21.11
  • Diane, time 16.02
  • Nicole, result 8 rounds and 120 pull-ups
  • Loredo, time 22.49



I got the chance to work out with Marko outdoors on a weekly basis. There I nailed the workouts Bradley, Nicole and Loredo. Each and every one were tough physically in their own kind. Both Bradley and Nicole included a lot of pull-ups (100/120) and a lot of running as well. With Diane I was working towards getting better at my handstand push-ups. I was able to drop little less than 2 minutes off my time. Loredo was all about leg work and respiration.

Strength. 68.000kg

In May I concentrated A LOT in cleans (guess it was around 16.000kg), in June it was more like a normal situation. This time I concentrated more in presses / jerks. Bench was also something I worked on a bit more if you look at the weights. However, I didn't do it many times in June anyway, the load per time was maybe greater. The load on squats remained similar. Thusters were non-existing this month as well as step-ups. Heavy step-ups are a very good way to focus on hamstrings and core.





Skills.

The number of handstand push-up training was the biggest single change. 143 reps in May, 98 reps in June. No big reason for that, simply did a lot of them in May. Could have done a bit more in June as well. I doubled the amount of double unders, still I feel like I didn't do much of them. Should definitely do more of them. I have them well in control but have to be humble towards DU's, otherwise they will get me. One of the most important focus areas for this summer is handstand training. I kept a steady pace in training them, once in every 5 days. For the second month in a row. I try to be patient and not do them every other day (believe me, I'd like to!) but I don't think that's wise. Might have some problems in shoulders if I would rush.







Bodyweight.

What happened between the two months? Number of air squats doubled, all other movements remained on the same level or increased. The exception was box jumps, which dropped from 300 -> 100 reps as well as pull-ups (490 -> 300). I thought about sit-ups as well and realized there's no point in doing them. That's my opinion. I believe core is developed way more with strength movements. Every time you squat, deadlift or press, you have to keep your core tight, otherwise you'll mist the lift. All those sit-ups were done as cashout workouts anyway, I don't remember doing them in a metcon since Annie few months ago.



Cardio.

Intentionally increased the meters of running and rowing. In the summer time it's ideal to run as in wintertime it's a rarity. Did some row metcons as well as row intervals.



PR's.

  • Clean, 95kg
  • Muscle-ups, 3 reps
  • Bench press, 100kg

In June I basically worked on the platform of my strength and didn't try to break records many times. That bench teased me, I tried to break 3-digit numbers in the middle of the month, then did one strength workout a week after that and got to 100kg on the last day of the month. I have developed a lot of my clean technique and it's starting to pay dividends on me. I'm feeling confident dropping under the barbell and am able to keep the bar close to my body constantly. Focused a lot of effort in clean technique in May so the results can be seen now. Muscle-ups is something new, I've did only about 15 reps in the last two months, trying to be patient as well because it's very challenging movement and puts a lot of burden on shoulders.



No comments:

Post a Comment