Friday, August 9, 2013

Friday 9.8: Front squat, hspu, pistol, row

Friday. Metcon. 20 front squats @ 80kg, then 6 rounds of: 3 hspu, 10 pistols, 15 cal row. Cashout 60 rack dips.

Felt the burden in my upper body today because of clean & jerks from the previous days. Okay, my entire body felt a bit fatigue. I took a metcon with front squat as the strength part and then some skills oriented movements combined with short distance rowing.

Loving my heart out <3

Metcon. Not for time
  • 20 front squats, 80kg, then
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 3 strict handstand push-ups
  • 10 (5/5) pistol squats
  • 15 calories row

Pretty decent. My conscience played its trick on me as I didn't do any front squats in July, none! That's very awkward considering it used to be my favorite movement some months ago. Better keep on doing front squats in the future as well. The metcon started with 20 reps @ 80kg. Not a heavy load but unable to go unbroken. I did 12 reps and then finished with 8 more. Followed by 6 rounds of 3 different stations: hspu, pistol squats and rowing.

I was thinking about how many hspu's would be reasonable to include in this one. Thought about higher rep scheme but I wanted to go through without extra breaks so I stayed at 3 reps per round. Got them all unbroken, strict reps. Pistol squats were "the thing" in the workout. My legs had taken their toll in the previous days' workouts so they were not freshly awaiting for one-legged squats.

I was still able to push through quite nicely even though the first reps felt a bit difficult. It got easier after the first round as my joints figured out the movement and got familiar with the range of motion. In the end it was naturally much harder again.

Rowing was surprisingly quick part of the whole metcon. It was somewhere around 0:50min per 15 calories. That's how I'd planned it but somehow it felt like a rest period, thought it would be more challenging. Maybe should have rowed double the time to make it agonizing. Now I got only 1.300m row if I recall correctly. This was still a good crossfit workout!

Cashout.
  • 60 rack dips

After the workout I had planned for some dips. Weighed between ring dips and rack dips, finally went after rack dips and smiled afterwards on the decision. It felt extremely natural and good, enjoyed it a lot. Completed 2 sets of 20 reps, then 2 sets of 10 reps. Excellent movement!



Second part of Froning's story by BSN



No comments:

Post a Comment