Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday 12.8: Heavy cleans and rowing intervals

Monday. Strength. Every minute on the minute, 1 squat clean @ 90kg, for 10 min. Rowing intervals, 30 sec on, 30 sec off, for 10 minutes. Distance 1.800m

Today was a bit easier day, at least compared to last week. The first part of it was heavy though but still not that many reps. I was thinking about one benchmark wod but that would have torn my shoulders too much. I really need them tomorrow in a rough training day with my brother.

There's some attitude in Toni's cleans from some time ago

Strength.

  • Every minute on the minute for 10 min
  • 1 squat clean @ 90kg

There's no doubt this is my favorite strength movement. It's a full-body movement that requires your entire body to make some work. Strength on legs, core and especially upper back. It's a technical movement that requires you to pay attention to various steps along the pull and when dropping under the barbell. Plus, it improves your explosiveness. Spectacular movement.

I had decided on the weight beforehand and determined to do 10 sets of single lifts. Once I put the clock running I saw myself doing lifts approximately once per minute. There was plenty of time to recover and the purpose of this workout was not to stress cardio but to focus on technique with heavy weights.

I'm very happy with the way I was able to go through this set. The weight wasn't that bad to handle. Each lift looked similar to each other. My technical skills on the movement have improved a lot through tons of reps. I'm eager to try new kilos in squat soon. Got 100kg in the meter currently, looking forward to break that record.

Interval. Distance 1.800


  • 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off, for 10 minutes
  • Rowing

Did some interval rowing in the end for 10 minutes. Full throttle for 30 seconds, then 30 seconds full rest. I was rowing somewhere around 1.31-1.36 in all sets. Mostly around 1.33-1.35. This was a good breather, liked to row after some break.




Toni's workouts. Snatch balance technique and a metcon. Working at a local affiliate
  • Snatch balance, 4 x 12 (20, 30, 30, 20kg)
Toni's metcon. Result, 2 rounds + 25 swings
  • Metcon. 8 minute amrap of:
  • 15 ohs, 20kg
  • 15 box jumps
  • 15/15 one-handed kettlebell swings, 16kg



No comments:

Post a Comment