Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday 19.8: Muscle-ups and thrusters

Monday. Skills, ring muscle-ups. Workout, 1min on, 1min off, for 30min: thrusters @ 60kg.

My plan originally was to focus my skills training in double unders. But during the day I changed my mind and decided to pay attention to my ring muscle-up skills. There's some work to be done. The main workout was all about thrusters, a lot of them! Demanding day.

Thrusters per round


Skills. Ring muscle-ups. Just today I decided to work on this skill. Got to multiply the amount of training sessions on this one. Today I was doing some pull-ups on the rings and mainly working on the swing and kip, basically all the steps prior to the transition from pull to the dip. Below you'll see slow-mo video of Camille Leblanc-Bazinet performing this demanding skill movement step by step.

I've been neglecting ring skills entirely lately. I'm aiming to get some muscle-ups done with the rings as well.





Thrusters. Total 105 reps. Compare to 12.4.2013
  • 1min on, 1min off, for 30min
  • Thrusters, 60kg
Damn man! One minute of max effort work is a bit misleading as my strategy was to do 7 reps per minute for as long as possible. I was able to continue that strategy all the way for the entire half an hour. That equaled a total of 105 reps. That's a lot of thrusters if you ask me, and I can feel it in my shoulders!  For the first half of the workout I was able to handle the barbell rather easily but from there on it started to come heavy. On the last third the last 2-3 reps each time were very heavy. The last 2 sets were painful on my shoulders. I believe the rep scheme was exactly what it should have been, just as tough as I wanted it to be, and remembered from April. Then, I did the same workout with less tim, for 20min, so it was a bit different in nature.

Today I could have easily pushed more reps in the beginning but because it was half an hour of thrusters, I considered going after 7 reps per minute and totaling about 100 reps, it would be enough to stay at 7 reps from the very beginning.

Toni's workout. Lot of clean & jerks
Strength. Clean & jerk 5-5-5-5-5 (60, 70, 70, 70, 75kg)
Metcon. 8 rounds of: 5 clean & jerks (60kg), 5 strict pull-ups. Time. 16.00




No comments:

Post a Comment