Thursday, August 15, 2013

Thursday 15.8: Row and deads, two metcons

Thursday. Metcon, 4 rounds of: 500m row, 15 deadlifts (100kg). Time 13.30. Second metcon, 4 rounds of 10 T2B, 10 burpees.

Deadlift day. Adding some cardio work to it, through rowing. Quite a combination for the heart, enjoyed every second of it! The latter metcon was a shorter one with t2b's and burpees. Toni has been doing crossfit at an affiliate near his home where he also went for the on-ramp course. Suppose he's gonna participate on a lot of classes there as well, he's made some huge development skills and technique-wise.

Just realized today I haven't done a ring muscle-up. Guess I have to go and do it!


Metcon. Time 13.30
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 500m row
  • 15 deadlifts, 100kg

I decided on the deadlift weight so that it would be possible to move it unbroken at least some of the rounds. It was a high-rep workout with 60 reps total, plus 2k row. Hundred kilos was just about perfect because I completed the 2 first rounds unbroken with the deads, then 10 + 5 reps in both of the last rounds. It really got to me, all over the body. It was a tough one for the legs as deadlifts and rowing both tend to put a lot of pressure on the hamstrings and posterior chain in general.

On the rowing I kept a pace of 1.40-1.50 on the sets. Probably not a surprise that faster in the beginning as the rowing felt light and then about 1.50 / 500m in the last round. I took my time walking the 10m distance to the barbell. My strategy was to catch my breath and try go unbroken for as long as possible. Had I grabbed the barbell instantly, wouldn't have done that well with the deads.

Metcon. For completion
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 10 toes-to-bar
  • 10 burpees

Wanted to do some more cardio playing after the main wod so I put together these 2 movements that I should be doing constantly. It's always beneficial to do both of them. T2B's went unbroken for 2 rounds, then had to drop from the bar after 6 reps. Burpees weren't cool but that's a movement where you can always force yourself to ground and back up. No excuses, you can always do one more. Just do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment