Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thursday 8.8: Clean and jerk, burpees, du

Thursday. Metcon with clean & jerks, burpees and double unders.

Due to time table issues, I had to go with this workout today. Awesome workout but not the most optimal way to do clean & jerks twice in two days. Yesterday I was doing those heavy ones as emom training and today combined lighter c&j's with burpees and du's. It's been a lot of heavy breathing this week and Thursday was no exception.

Newborn mini pig from Toni's in-laws =)


Metcon. Time 12.10
  • 1 clean & jerk, 1 burpee, 30 double unders
  • 2 clean & jerk, 2 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 3 clean & jerk, 3 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 4 clean & jerk, 4 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 5 clean & jerk, 5 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 6 clean & jerk, 6 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 7 clean & jerk, 7 burpees, 30 double unders
  • 60kg on the barbell

Yep, it really got to the core of crossfit. Strength, bodyweight, skills and breathing. The weight for clean & jerks wasn't heavy, actually in the end it felt light. However, through time the barbell got heavier and heavier as both burpees and double unders made my shoulders more tired. I got them unbroken for the 5 first rounds. On the 6th I did 4+2, and on the last one 4+2+1.

Not a huge amount of burpees, they were not the beef on this workout. The purpose of them was still to make me breath a bit heavier. Double unders. I wrote some time ago that next time I do DU's I might just add the number of reps per round. Guess it was that time I did some warm-up battle with Toni. We did sets of 10x20 reps then, alternating turns. I was good with this skill today, except on the last round. I guess I made one mistake on the second round after 4 reps, then jumped through without any flaws. For 5 rounds I went unbroken. The last round was difficult. Lost my concentration and stumbled a bit.

Liked this workout to the fullest. Tough combination of 3 movements, stuffed together to make a human soul cry. Just the way it should be. Loved it!


Found a short series of mr. Froning



Toni's workouts. He did a pair workout with one of his buddies. 20 min amrap of cleans, swings and thrusters, all completed with kettlebells. An some additional bear walk. No idea how they combined the movements together but the story tells there were about 40 reps each movement.



No comments:

Post a Comment