Friday, September 13, 2013

August stats

August stats. The important numbers from August.
August was a tough month. Clearly the heaviest I've done in my life. I was building up my strength base and continued to lift heavy all month long. Didn't practically take any break from touching the barbell and it resulted in numbers way beyond previous months. There was a lot of focus on shoulders and deadlift on the strength moves. Lots of cardio and bodyweight as well. There wasn't much I would have neglected.



Benchmark workouts.
  • DT, done with 32kg kettlebell, time 8.10
  • Cindy, result 21 rounds + 5 pull-ups, totalling 665 reps.



Strength. 107.000kg
Lots of barbell action. Previous 3 months were around 70k so there was almost 40k increase in volume in August. Can't add the graphs here right now but some key figures were:
  • Deadlift, 37.000kg
  • Back squat 10.000kg
  • Clean 8.500kg
  • Jerk/Press 11.000kg


  
Skills.  Little less muscle-up training (12 reps) )on the pull-up bar because I felt the urge to practice on my ring mu's. Still waiting for that first one there. Total of 830 double unders and 106 handstand push-ups. In the beginning of August I didn't practice on my handstand skills but then in the last 2 weeks I caught up and practiced on that more frequently. I'm gonna keep doing high rep amounts of hspu's and pull-ups in September.





Bodyweight. Some numbers worth mentioning are:
  • 185 dips
  • 410 push-ups
  • 263 burpees
  • 395 pull-ups
  • 245 box jumps


Cardio. 21.300m   In June I had solid numbers but then in July running and rowing cardio training crushed so I wanted to get them back up. Over 10km of rowing and running both, several times during the month. I'm glad I took them back in the schedule and it's worth utilizing the good weathers and do metcons outdoors and run.
PR's.
  • Jerk, 95kg
  • Deadlift, 190kg
 Managed to go shoulder-to-overhead with split jerk training, adding it up to 95kg. That 100kg was close, I'm gonna get there! Shoulder training is paying off =) And a lot of deadlift was done as well. Took some singles in the middle of the month and crushed the PR, now it's 190kg.




2 comments:

  1. We want to congratulate you of an excellent improvement ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘! Br, Kari & Maija ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Thanks to both of you =) It was a tough month but intentionally so. September is gonna be oriented more towards bodyweight training.

    ReplyDelete