Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday 6.9: Back squats, snatch, ohs

Friday. Back squats 3-3-3-3-1 (max 130kg). Complex, 12 x (2 power snatch + 2 ohs) @ 50kg.

I decided to workout today. Having 2 rest days in 3 days is something that really gets under my skin. Got to try being smart anyway so I didn't do any metcons or anything super heavy strength-wise. Back squats by feel and then technique with snatch and overhead squats. Luckily for me, that flu-ish feeling went by as quickly as it occurred!



Strength. Back squats 5x80, 3x100, 3x110, 3x120, 3x125, 1x130kg. I've mostly done workouts with around 100kg, except for the last training session with my bro 27th August. My goal was to increase the amount of squats in all forms as well as deadlifts in August but the reality was that there wasn't much action with squats. Instead, there were plenty of deads. September must witness way more squats. And with heavy weights as well.

I felt good squatting today, really felt good. I guess it still feels that I haven't been playing with heavier kilos lately. I had no plan whatsoever with this part of the training, went on purely by feeling. Did a few sets of triples and managed to push through 125kg. On the heaviest load I got one rep. More training is needed ahead of me!


Recap of the day

Complex. For quality

  • 12 x (2 power snatch + 2 overhead squats)
  • 50kg on the barbell each set

Not extremely heavy. I took each set in about 90sec time frame. I was thinking about emom training but then again, considered to give my lunges a break for one more day. Just in case. Twelve sets of the following complex: 2 power snatches followed by 2 overhead squats with 50kg barbell. I like those snatches. I have some work to do with my technique, guess the bar escapes too far away from my body, it should travel in a very vertical path up the body. I've tried to lean back and pull more aggressively to allow room for the barbell to move correctly. Hopefully it pays off in the long run so it would become natural.


Power snatch



Toni's workouts. Strength, back squats 5-5-5-5-5 (80, 90, 100, 105, 110kg) + metcon.

Toni's metcon. Result, 4 rounds + 7 sit-ups

  • 5min amrap of
  • 5 back squats, 80kg
  • 10 abmat sit-ups (8kg wall ball)


The guy told me today that his quads are killing him. That's because of the pistols. I had the exact same feeling yesterday due to Mary. So today's metcon at the affiliate was a little lighter on the metcon.




2 comments:

  1. I seriously think your jeans and other pants don't quite agree with the fact that you wouldn't have done your share of squats.... don't you think? And your ass certainly hasn't got any smaller...:D haha <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got that right baby! Those pants have definitely shrunk or then my butt has become larger =)

    ReplyDelete