Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday 7.9: Cleans, bar complex, C2B's

Saturday. Clean singles (max 100kg). Bar complex, 10 x (1 clean + 2 push jerks). Cashout, 3x10 c2b pull-ups.

Saturday was a day for heavy cleans and barbell complex type of activity. I would have liked to take a metcon in addition but saved it for the upcoming days. I didn't want to risk anything my destroying my lungs out. Therefore I focused my energy to strength and technique training. Did also c2b's in the end, really love the feeling of being able to do them, lots of them.

High enough?

Strength. Clean singles (70, 80, 90, 95, 100kg). I was thinking about nailing a new PR but I guess that cold I caught couple of days ago didn't like the idea. I was able to hit 100kg which was my previous record. I honestly felt there was no problem getting it up so failing at 105kg and 102.5kg may have been lack of courage. Okay, I'm happy I got 100kg up but a little disappointed not getting it heavier. I'm aiming to go clean & jerk next week with heavier weights as well.

Cleaning those 90 and 95kg barbells were easy. Got to keep lifting heavy in order to get body used to those weights. Doing emom training at around 90kg is worth going for. Must say I love the cleans.


Recap


Complex.
  • 10 sets of: 1 squat clean + 2 push jerks
  • First set @ 70kg, 9 sets @ 80kg
Doing several sets of jerks at 80kg pleases me a lot, boosts a lot of confidence. I remember there was a time this weight used to feel so heavy that I wasn't sure if it's coming up or not. Depending on the day. Now I feel confident I'm getting it overhead every time I try it. Today I did 10 sets of the following set: 1 squat clean and then 2 consecutive push jerks. I took the first set @ 70kg and then added 10kg and stayed with that 80kg for the remaining sets.

Cashout. C2B
  • 3 x 10 chest-to-bar pull-ups

This is also something spectacular. Those bar muscle-ups definitely have paid off! I remember when I was wondering how is it possible for people to do pull-ups so that you hit the chest on the bar. After getting my first muscle-up and then some tens after that my pull-up technique has clearly improved a lot. I tried c2b's last week and found myself confused how easy it felt. Today I did 3 sets of 10 reps and it felt good!

Tomorrow I'm gonna hit heavy weights and put my lunges to work as well, I hope!

Got to use a proper kip

Toni's workouts. He was working at the Open Gym at his pull-up skills, handstand and few sets of split jerk with light weights. Finished it with mobility. He did a new PR with pull-ups, little short of this year's goal (20 in 2013), 17 reps today!



No comments:

Post a Comment