Sunday, September 22, 2013

Sunday 22.9: Back squats, squat metcon

Sunday. Skills, ring muscle-up training. Workout, emom type of back squat session (max 127.5kg). Metcon, 10 rounds of: 10 push-ups, 20 squats.

Sunday squats. Tried a different type of approach on the back squats. Increasing load with little jumps till failure. As if that didn't seal the deal, I took a bodyweight metcon consisting of push-ups and 200 squats. I bet my legs hurt tomorrow.

Foam rolling for warm-up


Ring muscle-ups. Looking to find that missing technical flaw to get the first successful rep! I was also practicing the swing and found a way to get aggressive at it. The transition part still seems too difficult at the moment. I've been taking "jumping muscle-ups", i.e. jumping from the floor to the rings that are placed way lower than normally. That's how I tend to practice the transition and landing part of the muscle-up. When the rings are high up there and I can't touch the ground with my feet, the transition part feels difficult. I can't turn my body in front as aggressively as it should be done. All tips are welcomed…



Strength.

  • Every minute on the minute, 2 reps
  • Start from 60kg, increase load per minute
  • Add 5kg until 100kg, then add 2.5kg per minute
  • Till failure


Starting with light weight, adding 5kg in the beginning and 2.5kg after 100kg, going for the heaviest possible load. Twist is that you got to perform 2 reps per minute so there's not too much time to recover between sets. I liked the style of the workout. There was a lot of sets in total. Should have been more though.

I was paying attention to my stance, direction of my toes and the way my knees go out. Succeeded pretty well in these aspects. Hoped to go for heavier weights but I've been neglecting pure hamstring strength this summer. Even though I've been training like a maniac, my results in squats have not improved the way everything else has. That really bugs me so I'm looking to put more effort on my legs.

One thing that have slowed me from squatting is that I have sort of pain in my right hip when I squat. Not much but still so that when I hit heavier kilos, it starts to bother me. I foresee more mobility wods in the near future, and looking to improve it through those.

Push-ups


Metcon. Time 7.39

  • 10 rounds of:
  • 10 push-ups
  • 20 squats


Shortish workout with two basic movements. It was cool to see that I didn't have any issues with the push-ups, unbroken all the way. Okay, there were only 100 of them but still, there are times when it's not that easy. Air squats after those barbell squats were naturally more challenging. My legs were burning from the quads and hamstrings, pretty much all around =) It felt awesome!


Air squats

Pony!


1 comment:

  1. In muscleup You Are trying to "twist" Your body in same manner than With bar mu. That's not working With rings.

    keep Your package tight without any 'twisting' take a good kick and get yourself top of the rings. In paper it's easy as many crossfit movement.....
    we have to take training session at your place and you will get your first mu with the rings:)

    -bro

    ReplyDelete