Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday 12.9: Snatches, metcon

Thursday. 1h warm-up with colleagues. Then, snatch emom, 3 reps @ 50kg, for 12min. Metcon, 6 rounds of: 250m row, 5 hspu, 10 burpees. Time 14.16.

At work we had we had a 1h training session, directed group session where we lots of squats, sit-ups and push-ups. After the session was over, I went to the gym and did snatch emom training and bodyweight metcon.



Snatches.
  • Every minute on the minute
  • 3 reps @ 50kg, for 12min

This was nice, that bar flew up nicely and had no probs to get those lifts done. I had to concentrate on each lift to make it beautiful but it was definitely manageable. I was thinking about adding 5kg on the last sets but this time stayed at 50kg each set. Felt good!





Metcon. Time 14.16
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 250m row
  • 5 handstand push-ups
  • 10 burpees

Perfect breather! Entirely bodyweight stuff, rowing, hspu's and burpees. Especially rowing and burpees made my heart beat fast and then the hspu's were getting on my shoulders and triceps. Got to say that for some reason I've learned lately some technique on the handstand push-ups and they are way easier now. Hopefully this is not only the feeling of last two training sessions but a long lasting result of hard work.

I rowed at 1.40-1.45 for a couple of rounds and then slowed down to around 1.50 towards the end. The difference is not remarkable whether you row fast or moderate pace in such a short distance. It's a total of 1.5km. All hspu's were unbroken, used a kip. Those burpees were nasty, I must say. My break times were located right after rowing. Wanted to nail the hspu's unbroken with style. And I did.

Liked this workout a lot. It was challenging considering heavy breathing but the bodyweight movement type of metcons have caught my attention lately and I'm gonna take more of them in my programming this month.


2 comments:

  1. Yep, all the way power snatches. You did similar type of training this Friday morning, except that it was squat snatches?

    ReplyDelete