Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thursday 26.9: Hspu, snatch, rowing

Thursday. Dumbbell snatches 3 x 5/5 (20-30kg). Metcon, 20 hspu, 20 snatches (50kg), 20 hspu. Metcon, 30sec on, 20sec off, for 10min: rowing.

This time we went to the nearby gym with Pauliina. I was freestyling the workout as we entered the place. My body wanted to do handstand push-ups and snatches so I modified a workout of these two. Tried some dumbbell snatches prior to the workout and finished the session with rowing a bit over 2k in half a minute intervals.




Strength. Dumbbell snatches 5/5 - 5/5 - 5/5 (20, 25, 30kg). Plus 5x40, 3x50kg power snatches with barbell. Took some snatches with dumbbells and realized the weights were light. Did 30kg snatches at max. Better add some weights soon. It's nice to see those dumbbells fly up there even though 62.5kg is max load on the barbell snatch.


Snatch, 50kg


Metcon. For completion
  • 20 handstand push-ups
  • 20 snatches, 50kg
  • 20 handstand push-ups

This was lots of fun. I love those hspu's, no doubt about it. Especially as I seem to have become stronger and more effective with them. There's been a LOT of work to get to this point and it's time to enjoy the results. My shoulders have clearly become stronger and being inverted in general feels comfortable. The path has been rocky but hundreds and hundreds of repetitions have made their work.


Handstand push-ups

I completed the first 20 hspu's in 6+6+4+4 with short breaks between sets. Tried to keep rest periods as short as possible. Did probably the first 10 reps strict, then the rest with the help of kipping technique. Got to say my shoulders were smashed after 20 reps.

Did the 20 snatches @ 50kg in sets of 5, chill for a while and take the next attempt. After having done all snatches, I was wondering how in hell could I do 20 more handstand push-ups! My shoulders were aching so badly.

Still, once I threw myself against the wall, I got 8 reps on first try. Whaaaat! Awesome to see I was able to do lots of reps even with shoulders almost numb. Took sets of 8+5+4+3 to finish the workout. This was a shoulder killer for me.


Rowing

Metcon.
  • 30 sec on, 30 sec off, for 10min
  • Rowing

Didn't remember to check the distance precisely, it was somewhere over 2k. I tried to keep the pace around 1.32-1.36 / 500m for each 10 rounds. This was such a short breather that I was able to maintain a solid pace all the time.






Toni's workouts.
  • Strict dumbbell press 5x5 (20kg)
  • Weighted dips (5x5 (10kg)
  • Weighted pull-ups (5x3 (10kg)

He's still having mini flu so he avoided pressure for lungs and did strength work instead.




No comments:

Post a Comment