Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wednesday 11.9: Squats, weighted dips, rowing

Wednesday. Squats, weighted dips 5x5, rowing metcon.

Today was an easier day. I took some squats to start with, then continued to do weighted dips. No idea when I last did them, might have been some time last year =) And then a metcon for which I got inspired by crossfit athlete Garret Fisher's Instagram photo. It was a kind of interval type of rowing metcon.




Strength.
  • Back squats 5x100, 5x100, 4x110, 4x110kg
  • Weighted dips, 5x10, 5x20, 5x30, 5x35, 5x20kg

Just to get the feel on the squats, not that heavy, working on form and technique. I did those 4 sets pretty quickly, actually about one set per minute. I was thinking about doing heavier sets as well emom style but my back was little sore so I stayed at 110kg.

For some reason my mind got twisted around weighted dips from nowhere so took a few sets. First bodyweight dips and then adding extra weight. Completed sets of 5 reps with the weights and reached a new max of 35kg. I remember hitting 30kg max earlier.




Rowing. Distance 3.850m

  • 3 rounds of:
  • 2 min row, 1.50-1.55 pace
  • 1 min row, all in
  • 2 min row, 2.10-2.15 pace
  • 1 min walk


This was fun! Gonna redo it some day but definitely increase the volume. This was only for 3 rounds but 5-7 rounds would be more useful in the long run. Doing max effort of 1min row after rowing 1.50-1.55 for 2 min was surprisingly taxing. Maybe not on the first round but from then on yes.


Toni's workouts.

  • Deadlift, emom, 4 reps @ 120kg, for 10min


Metcon. Half Cindy, result 7 rounds

  • 10min amrap of:
  • 5 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups
  • 15 squats



No comments:

Post a Comment