Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday 18.10: Clean and jerk

Friday. Clean and jerk, 21 x 80kg.

Feeling some cold in my throat so I did only some olympic lifting and saved metcons for future. Agenda said I would be allowed to do clean & jerks. Decided to go semi-heavy for high reps. That was the workout of the day.





Clean & jerk.
  • 21 reps for quality @ 80kg
As simple as that. Go and do the work. No stress about the time, just lift. Clean, then split jerk. Good time to work on technique on semi-heavy weights. The weight felt perfect for today and for the purpose I programmed this workout. My reps were pretty identical on the cleans. On some jerks I dropped quicker under the bar than on others. Also the depth of my dropping was bigger in some of them.





Had no problems in any of the lifts, there was no doubt at any times whether it would come up or not. It was more like an issue of whether my jerks would look the same technically speaking. I need more split jerks to create consistency. Just started doing them in the summer so I'm very satisfied anyway on the way I'm able to complete the reps currently. Of course I'm looking ahead in the future and seeing my technique getting better tremendously after hundreds and thousands of reps.





Got to say a couple of words of my new olympic lifting shoes. They are perfect! The stability with them is beyond what I thought beforehand. Had huge expectations but they have not failed me. I've done cleans, jerks, back squats, front squats, overhead squats and snatches with them. And in each movement I believe it has helped my positioning and form. Got to start believing more that I can lean back more than currently, pressure on heels.




Hope this dawning cold realizes it's not welcomed in my body and goes away so that tomorrow will be a good training day. Have some great plans at least in my calendar.

Friday's playground


Huge step for Toni. He's learned the kipping style nicely. First he applied it to pull-ups, now he's evolved to handstand push-ups. Great job man! I'm waiting for this guy to nail a new PR in pull-ups soon. Standing record is at 17 reps, and the goal for this year is 20. Believe me, he's not far from that. Great development to say the least. Got to say it has done good things to him when he joined the local crossfit affiliate. Lots of technical improvements, both in skills and strength. Happy for you pal!







1 comment:

  1. Thanks mate! Those shoes are really amazing. Btw great jerk position!

    ReplyDelete